1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking Down Potential Free Agent Targets: Marc Gasol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

During the offseason? He was pretty much in the same shape during the on-season, too.

[​IMG]

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If anyone could ever get the guy to really get in shape, he'd be a lot more effective, in my opinion. You're right about him looking out of shape during the season, at least in that picture. He makes Yao look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. That's a bit of a red flag. What if he decides to cruise and eat after his next contract?

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

He's just taking after his mentor Zach Randolph.

4. anchel

anchel Member

In Girona in his last year in Spain, he was thin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rn2vacug_uo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's never been in better shape.

5. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Haha, thanks. I'm flattered. My statement really means the Rockets could be a top 5 team in 2yrs with that lineup. I believe in the Rockets drafting ability. I think in two years, Morris would be above average on O and D. Our own clutch fans many who have followed Morris think he'll be pierce / melo like. Not sure if he'll be that great though. I would think you are ok with the other players as you've seen them perform. That would lineup would be top notch defensively and on the boards, offense would be weakest link but above average. You could even keep scola and have play the 6th man role and play him also when we go small to give Marc some rest. I don't think it's that Homer. Top 5 defense + top 3 rebounding + top 10 - 15 offense = elite.

6. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

7. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

What I like about him is he clogs the paint. But, he'll need an athletic 4 that can block shots off the weak side and rebound for our defense to get back to where it was before. Scola ain't gonna do it. In fact, Gasol is kind of what Scola would be if he were a center.