1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011 Houston Dynamo regular season thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 15, 2011.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I'm no soccer expert so I can't even come close to explaining exactly how it happened, but the local side dropped a 3-0 decision to Chivas USA on Saturday night. It appeared to be a rather uninspired effort. Justin Braun of Chivas recorded a hat trick.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man.. The Dynamo suck.

They're missing that "it" to them.

3. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Which sucks because I've made a concerted effort to get into soccer recently and watch the Dynamo every chance I get.

4. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Well, they're not as bad as the Astros and still in the hunt for the playoffs. If the MLS playoffs started today, I think they will be #10 seed and will have to play the 1st round as a wild card. The top 10 teams out of 18 advance to the postseason so that's a 50/50 chance and they have got to make some big moves before the trade/transfer deadline or else another wasted season.

5. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Is it just my cable system or do the cameras they use for the 11.2 coverage make watching a total headache.

It seems like they have "technical difficulties" every other minute.

Maybe they are using messed up retread cameras or 2nd tier camera crews or something.

6. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Aye. The cameras suck, but it's still the only feed I've got. Sad. I hope MLS gets good TV contracts next go-round.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

We suck and AEG hasn't done **** in the transfer market, better hope someone from team USA returns to the MLS and we are able to snatch him or else we aren't going to do much of anything this season.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dynamo are just standing pat until its opening day at the new park. They have no incentive.

I was told by my cousin on the El Salvador NT that the Dynamo did offer a contract to Zeyala who rejected it because wasn't even worth more than the contract he has in EL SALVADOR!?! Are you kidding me?

#209 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Nope! Many MLS teams are still cheap as ever.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

Well I guess I figured The Dynamo were trying to build up solid interest. I love Futbol but hate the Mexican league. I'm trying really hard to be an MLS fan but it's not easy.

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

The cameras are terrible. Reminds of the days when the Astros used to play a handful of games on KNWS. The sound is also bad. Every ten minutes or so, the announcers voices sound scrambled.

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

We've been lowballing players all across the world, I guess they figured someone would eventually one of their crappy offers but no one did.

Oh well, if we miss the playoffs then I hope we end up with a high draft pick.

14. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Aren't we trying to get that Boniek García? I don't know much about the guy.

Also, new stadium tour looks sweet. Excited about that at least.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

MLS All Star Game is tonight.

Manchester United vs MLS All Stars

On the Roster,

Goalkeeper: Tally Hall (Houston Dynamo), Faryd Mondragón (Philadelphia Union)

Defenders: Corey Ashe (Houston Dynamo), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Bobby Convey (San Jose Earthquakes), Sean Franklin (LA Galaxy), Jámison Olave (Real Salt Lake), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls).

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Jack Jewsbury (Portland Timbers), Shalrie Joseph (New England Revolution), Nick LaBrocca (Chivas USA)

Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Omar Bravo (Sporting Kansas City), Omar Cummings (Colorado Rapids), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Thierry Henry (New York Red Bulls), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Inactive All-Stars (Note that another six inactive All-Stars will be chosen via player voting): Kasey Keller (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Rafa Márquez (New York Red Bulls), Brek Shea (FC Dallas)

Not sure how we got four players on the team. I can see Brad Davis making it. I can see Tally Hall, but not sure about Corey Ashe, and Geoff Cameron, even though I think he is good. Our back four sucks.

16. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I'm watching the MLS All-Star game now. The broadcasters spent much of the pre-game talking about how this game has been a hot ticket and how the Red Bull Arena will be packed, but there are huge sections of seats in the top levels that are largely empty.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

Man U looks like crap......and then an easy one for them.

Lol@ the announcer saying it was a "Barcalona goal". More like MLS defense and a chip shot.

18. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Cameron as a central defender is all star quality (he made the MLS best XI the one year he played there). Our central midfield is much weaker than our central defense so we play him there, even though it's not his best position.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

Poor Tally Hall.

It's ok though, you are playing against professionals.

#219 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Let's go ahead and play Queens Park Rangers next all star game.