1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] NFL Lockout is over.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Marteen, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

I see no thread about it, but if there is, lock this please. :)

Link to Article

Glad to have the NFL back.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

3. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Member

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XgDrJ5Z2rKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Uprising

Uprising Member

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

was there ever any doubt? Although I think the NBA lockout will be much longer...

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

:cool:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TmDW5p8X9xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Commodore

Commodore Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ax3E1Q7TgsY#t=0m1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Uprising

Uprising Member

This is the one I've become accustomed to.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jx69XXobpN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: Not sure how I missed Commodore's Post. Guess i was watching videos for 20 min before I decided to post.

#9 Uprising, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

I really like CBS's coverage, as far as encapsulating what most NFL fans are feeling on game-day. Much like the NBA on NBC, that song really just does it for me. Fox and their tap dancing robot, on the other hand, can eat a bag of dicks.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Ditto. Just listening to it made me look outside and imagine that it was 50 degrees and noon on a November Sunday. Nothing like game-day, baby. Bring it.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Well, my DirecTV bill is about to escalate.

12. juicystream

juicystream Member

I've decided to boycott the NFL for this season.

Though I plan on going to 2 NFL games, when I haven't been to a single game in a number of years. I will be playing in 1 FF league still. I will just try to avoid watching the games on TV.

I suck at boycotting. :(

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

Why? Is it because of the lockout, or other reasons? If it's for the lockout, why boycott? We didn't miss out on anything other than OTAs, and the negotiations that took place were long overdue. The fact that they were able to overcome their differences and get back to work before any missed games, if anything, makes me an even more loyal fan.

14. juicystream

juicystream Member

Because of the lockout. The whole thing really burnt me out on the NFL.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

How so? We didn't miss any real games, and they NEEDED to hash out the differences they had. The only thing that happened here was that the media turned everything into a spectacle. If this had been 20 years ago, life would have gone on as normal, and one fine day, there would have been reports about the NFL resolving their labor disputes.

16. juicystream

juicystream Member

What is the difference if we had lost games? Those remaining games would still be played. I didn't like the coverage of it. They've known this was coming for years, but they do nothing about it until they were staring lost games in the face (which means lost $$$).

My football team will have a new coaching staff, and of the 3 QBs on the roster, only one has played a game in the NFL, and his 2 appearances resulted in a QB rating of 25.0.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not feeling the NFL right now, maybe because of the NBA lockout. Or it might be because I'm sick and tired of all the hot air discussion about either lockout. I'll probably shift into gear late in the pre-season.

I'm an NBA guy first and foremost and the complete lack of NBA news is stifling the good vibes about football.

18. sammy

sammy Member

[​IMG]