1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things that make you feel old

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Special Anniversary Edition re-issues of albums I loved as a teenager.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

watching In Living Color reruns realizing that i was in hs over 20 years ago

3. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

Toy story 1 & 2. I made my nephews & niece watch these before TS3 came out and they were blown away we watched them 5 times in a row. their ages run from 4-10.

I’m going to do the same thing when Lion King comes out on blu-ray

4. liljojo

liljojo Member

I'm not old.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

cleverly disguised "let's see if we can get Buck Turgidson, Pole, and Behad to all post in a thread again" thread. Well done!

I guess what makes me feel particularly old is remembering how optimistic this country used to feel. I was born right around the moon landing.

Also, realizing that a few gray hairs doesn't make someone look "old" to me at all. I find a lot of women hot now who have a few gray hairs.

Finally, as others have said, seeing kids of friends start high school is pretty freaky.

6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Looking at the NBA draft page and seeing players who are 1 or 2 years younger than me.

1 person likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

All the garbage animated movies, no soul compared to Lion King, Jungle Book, Aladdin, Dumbo, Pinnochio, Snow White, Bambi, Cinderella,....
    All about money these days.

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

A good majority of the posts on this board.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

ffb coming back as ron raccoon. :(

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I watched it all live on black and white TV. Hell, I saw Ruby shoot Oswald live.

( thought you were older than me?)

11. B-Bob

Maybe it's just that I look old for my age, at least in the photos people post here (like that one with my phone.) :(

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

There are some good animated flicks that come out now.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Of course, but too many go the same route and are obviously just made to get a lot of bucks, see the massive amount of 3D, seems there's a new animated flick every 2 weeks.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Going back and reading some of my first posts on this site.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

On the Sirius channel "Lithium", they run a thing in between songs sometimes that says...

"You used to rage against the machine. Now you rage against the washing machine."

Also, when The Black Crowes ended up on classic rock stations.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

- Today’s college students weren’t even born when I was a freshman in college

- I’m slowly losing my desire to discover any new music. I’m fine just listening to my Police and Rush albums from high school. The only “new” music I’ve “discovered” as of late is Frank Zappa.

- I still consider 1984 Van Halen’s “new” album. (and realizing over the July 4th weekend that playing the intro to Hot for Teacher on drums for your teenage nieces and nephews doesn't impress them, since they've never heard it :( )

- Watching Ferris Bueller over the weekend and having it bring back so many high school memories......then realizing that it has now been a quarter of a century since it came out.

17. what

what Member

It is pretty freaky that movies that seem to have been out just yesterday are over 25 years old. The breakfast club.

Another instance of this is seeing this kid was talking about his dad being on Hill Street Blues and the kid said he'd never heard of the show before. I imagine the same could be said for Married with Children and 21 Jump street. :(

18. B-Bob

(1) I'm fighting this, but there's somekind of brain biology going on, right? I'm forcing myself to find new bands, and I like some of them, but it's all so... meh. I know it's just changing in brain wiring and there's no way to really undo that.

(2) This is such a funny image.
    "Ye-aahh. What's wrong with our uncle?"
    "Um, same thing that was wrong with him before?"

19. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

I got un-pure thoughts about my friend's 21 year old niece. I met her while in college when she was 5.

20. what

what Member

Bud Bundy is 37 years old. This suddenly is making me feel really old. :(