1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just take a look on T-Mac twitter page

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Jul 8, 2011.

1. pmac

pmac Member

I don't think it's shameful that McGrady and Battier are the main ones talking about Yao. They were probably the closest to him. They spent more time with him while he was at his best, at a time when everyone thought the team was on the cusp of something special.

Some of the other players might know Yao was great but they've seen him in a suit for so long. And, I'm sure they've grown weary of all the talk about him coming back from injury and how each would have to adjust their games to fit his style of play.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I wish there was a way to ban you from posting in T-mac threads. You do nothing but troll each and every one.

Here's the thing you don't get tinman. You don't persuade someone to like someone or hate someone from hard, cold facts. The human mind does not work that way. Just like we can't convince you to stop hating, you can't convince others to hate Tracy. Sorry bud.

I understand when Tracy first left. Sure. All that hate is justified, I hated him too then. But most of us have moved on by now and we all cherish the good memories. I'm sorry tinman but you are an irrelevant blip on this Earth.

Your '99 status does not give you any credibility. You know why? Because most '99ers on this board gained their credibility through years of solid posting. You try to gain credibility by loudly and blatantly stating you are a '99er. Please stop with that as well.

I may be the youngest poster in this thread, but you are definitely acting the youngest; that's for sure.

2 people like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

You've mentioned the 99ers more than anyone in this thread.

Thanks, you've only made me more motivated to post more facts regardless if it makes you happy.

ok, you asked for it.

I'm a 99er.

4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Steve Francis, Shaq, and countless others have talked about Yao. Just because someone was quick on twitter doesn't mean their tributes or thoughts were any better or meaningful.

Steve Francis:

http://www.click2houston.com/video/28489867/index.html

5. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Amazing.

I thought it was just me that thought your Tmac hate was a bit overstated.

But I love thinking about your 99 status. You are probably stuck in your ways. That old saying about teaching an old dog new tricks.

I did listen to that Steve Francis interview, all two minutes of it. The Shaq blip on ESPN. Very short and sweet. What TMac is doing on Twitter is paying RESPECT and Homage to Yao.

Something you obviously don't do (respect Yao) otherwise why come to this thread to pollute it with your TMac hate. Oh wait. This is the offseason and there are no other active threads on TMac for you to hate in and have attention paid to you.

So what if the OP said look at T-Mac's twitter page. HEY TINMAN look at my shorts. You don't have to. And since you did now you have to tell everyone who doesn't care about it. Really.

You must be in your second stage of childhood. Depends and all.

6. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Most of the T-Mac threads belong in the Dish because Tmac hasn't been part of the Rockets recently.

If you believe T-Mac's tribute is the Mariah Carey NBA Allstar tribute to MJ, then so be it. I'm just saying that others have made tributes and not everyone goes on twitter.

7. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

And I'd respect that if that is what you said or how you said it.

But you came in bringing up old crap from SI that has nothing to do with what is happening now.

That is called a grudge.

And no this is not the Mariah trinute to Jordan by any stretch. But comparitively to what Steve Francis and Shaq offered or for what any major media outlets have offered for his retirement. It seems like it doesn't matter. So I respect that he is giving it some attention.

8. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Hahahaha,
    I'm not trying to convince people to hate Tracy! I'm just putting facts there dude. Just like when some of them say he's better then Kobe, I bust out the facts.

Sorry man I don't want to convince tracy fans to hate their hero, i just want them to hear the truth.

9. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Yes that happened in the past, but it was significant enough to show contrast of what he said back then.

Sure Tracy thinks Yao should be in the Hall of Fame, but back then Tracy said he never played with a Duncan or Shaq, two obvious future Hall of Famers.

Should I bring up more articles about when he recently played a game back in Orlando and how he said he imagined never leaving? or how he wished he was still playing with cousin Vince?

Tracy's homage maybe very sincere. It's probably 99% sincere, but for Tracy, there's always that 1% of thinking he's saying things for his own reasons.

Go look at when Rudy T was paying homage to Hakeem. That's 110%.

10. Kam

Kam Member

Honestly, I think T-Mac, didn't give some type of dap or love to tin-mac somewhere, and that's where the beef's from.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

OH DAMN!!! ITS ON NOW!!!

[​IMG]

Thanks for the laugh. Truth about TMac will not be found by discussing Francis, Carter, Olajuwon, or the year 1999.

#91 napalm06, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

There you go comparing again. Everyone pays homage in their own ways. Rudy and TMac are different people.

And I am sure most of these articles are from Orlando papers. Which coincidentally Tracy used to play for and Vince also played for.

I suppose no reported has ever slanted an interview and included only what he wanted to be in print. "OMG Noooo!!!"

But all this is just pitching into your wheelhouse. This is what you want. Attention.

And more fodder to feed you need to hate T-Mac at all costs.

Again. A year and a half removed from when he played here. It is just a grudge.

I wonder if you focused this much attention on Pippen from when he burned out of town. Somehow I doubt it.

-end-

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well if we thought Tinman would grow out of his TMac schtick I think this thread puts that on hold for a while.

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Oh for Pippen, it was special. I bought courtside seats to boo him at Compaq center. Worth every penny.

Tracy? no, not even close. It's not Tracy, Tracy is not on this board spewing crap like he's better than Kobe or Jordan or Shaq, or the thousands of what if scenarios that he would be a champion.

Tracy never said he was better than Drexler.

Buddy, Tracy McGrady probably doesn't read or post on clutchfans. be we all know who does.

15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Rookie,

Clutch City was not named for Yao Ming or Tracy McGrady.

That's Crutch City.

Clutch City started like this:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uKZLpb4rwi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

or closet aryian hatred.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Here's another thing tinman. It may be "the facts" but you twist them and (not so subtly) take most of these "facts" out of context completely, just so it supports your twisted opinions.

Sorry dude, but nobody here appreciates your '99 elitism and nobody here (especially after this long) appreciates your "I hate Tracy" melodramatic act.

18. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

you are the one who brought up the 99ers in this thread not me, however I do appreciate that you think we are elite.

I didn't twist any fact, look at the article, that was when the Rockets were winning without Tracy McGrady. Do you remember what happened after that?

There's a reason Yao Ming is retiring a Rocket and Tracy McGrady is not (there's a chance he can resign, but highly unlikely).

I don't hate Tracy McGrady, you just think I do.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

What is the point of denying you hate Tracy McGrady? Are you afraid to lose credibility because you are so emotionally invested in... wait. You have no credibility whatsoever anyway. HAHAHA.

20. Kam

Kam Member

I'm sorry, but, wtf did you just lump in a group with tinman? I feel all dirty and nasty now. I need soap right now, and lots of it. Eww. Disssgust.

I don't bash t-mac. I don't care enough to bash him. Ship sailed on that already.

tin got dissed by tmac somewhere a few years ago. thats where the hate comes from.