1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Radiohead Update

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Francis3422, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I know there are many folks on the board who are big fans of Radiohead (like myself), there have been some notable Radiohead news lately, so I thought I would give a summary.

1- Most already know about two tracks that were released in May/June (dont remember the day). "The Butcher", and "Super Collider" IMO, the former is one of the best songs from the King of Limbs sessions.

2- Radiohead has recorded a sesson of the BBC show From the Basement. The tracklisting for the show will be all of the KOL album and the recent stuff. No old material will be played. A new track "Staircase" appears in the performance and was released (intentionally) via the net last week. "Staircase" is amazing IMO. For some reason, this broadcast will only be available on Palladia in the US. I don't think it has been aired yet anywhere, but the broadcast dates and times apparently vary by location.

3- I didn't really care for all of KOL at first. Codex, Little by Little and Lotus flower are great, but the rest for too techno-ish. Well, last week Radiohead made a suprise appearance at the Glastonberry festival. The live versions are amazing, and the band playing some of the songs I didn't love (Bloom for instance) is just incredible.

4- There is much speculation that Radiohead has another album that will come out fairly soon. There is also speculation that Radiohead will just continue to trickle out songs for quite awhile.

5- An album of KOL remixes is out, I haven't heard it, but just an FYI for those who like that genre.

6- All signs point to a tour, but nothing has been said.

1 person likes this.
  2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

^

Thanks for the thread. I am really hoping for another album - to be released by the end of this year or the beginning of 2012. I really hope that they do NOT release these singles without plans of putting them on an album. But then again, it's Radiohead and these guys pretty much do whatever the hell they want.

I am still waiting on the new Coldplay and Wilco albums which are both supposed to be released later this year. It would be great if Animal Collective's latest studio album is released sometime next year.

3. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

The remixes that Francis spoke of..

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fnbcLT1wojs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G4hljPQshAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wouldnt mind some new silversun pickups.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I guess I've just about given up on Radiohead. If other people like what they have been putting out the last ten years or so, then good for them. I really have not liked much since Amnesiac. I guess I'm old fashioned, I like guitars.

6. TreeRollins

and it's up

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qpMJzgH3r9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Seriously.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Last time they were in Houston, I was in Europe. The time before that I was in school and had a big final (or maybe a midterm). Prior tours I've been busy too. They're my favorite band, and I've yet to see them in concert. Hopefully next time they come I'll be able to make it... but, i'll probably have to work, knowing my luck.

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

They were pretty good in 1995 opening for REM at the Woodlands. I remember thinking "This band is all over the map" as they played Creep and I realized it was probably my least favorite song they had played.

maybe some don't like the newer stuff as much, but I don't know that it's an age thing. I'm a guitar fan too, but really I like the new stuff as much if not more than the old.

1 person likes this.
  10. TreeRollins

I'm surprised no one really commented on this.. I may like this more than the In Rainbows basement performance

11. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Yes please

12. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

Watched this last night and was completely blown away. Don't get me wrong, I have always felt that OK Computer was their peak, but this footage of them playing the new songs is very good. Their drummer (Selway) is an absolute machine in replicating some of the rhythms from the record.

Staircase, Morning Mr. magpie and Separator are my favorites.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Been holding off on watching In the Basement until I had some time to dedicate to it. Planning to hook my laptop up to the TV tonight via HDMI and give it a go.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Radiohead are playing tonight on Saturday Night Live

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Damnit, I didn't realize tonight was the season premiere! I just turned it on to catch the final 10 seconds of Lotus Flower. Guess I'll have to find it online.