1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nolan Ryan in favor of moving Astros to the AL

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RocketMania1991, Jun 30, 2011.

1. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

This.

2. txppratt

txppratt Member

not sure why everyone is so convinced the astros must stay in the NL. with the current state of the astros? ... i think it would make me more interested in watching them.

and it would sell more tickets when you face the rangers, yankees, and red sox multiple times every year.

3. RocketMania1991

Because were an NL team, we always have been.

Current state of the Astros?

Just because a franchise struggles means it should be the first one to be designated to change leagues?

The Rockets have been pretty bad themselves the past two years, should they move to the Eastern Conference?

Who cares about the Rangers/Yankees/Red Sox. The Rangers were as irrelevant as you could be up until last year.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 person likes this.
  5. leroy

leroy Member

Those of you using "the current state of the Astros" as your argument as why they should change to the AL...how do you conveniently forget the other 40-some-odd years of history?

We may not have any natural rivals. I've never really been bothered by that. I'd rather not, though, go back to the days of games not starting until 9 pm and hate the idea of the DH.

If it were to happen, I'd eventually get over it. It's not going to prevent me from watching games or cheering for my team. I just hate that MLB seems to think that a team with nearly 50 years in the league is the one that should be treated like the red headed stepchild.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

If the Stros were an AL West team you would only see the Yankees and Red Sox once a season at Minute Maid. You would see the Rangers a lot more but you would also see the Mariners, A's and Angels a lot while only seeing the Cards, Cubs, Phillies and Braves every few years.

7. msn

msn Member

seriously already. are people just not paying attention?

three games.

but yeah, brace yourself for all those hair-raising, excitement-filled, epic battles with such relevant, storied franchises as the Mariners, A's, Royals, Twins, Tigers, Orioles, Indians, White Sox, Rays, etc. I can hardly contain my excitement.

I don't really follow the Simpsons and don't recognize the character, so I'm missing your punch line. My bad. Regardless, this is an NL town. If you disagree, I respect your right to your incorrect opinion. :grin::grin:

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

Bottom line is that MLB can't force the Astros to move to the AL. That's in the franchise agreement (heard that yesterday on Palillo's show). No matter how much pressure they put on Crane, if he wants to stay NL, he'll stay NL.

Which is why some reports I've read indicate that it will likely be the D-Backs who move (if anyone does) because they seem less resistant.

9. leroy

leroy Member

I also thought it was in the D'Backs franchise agreement that the MLB could switch them if necessary.

10. msn

msn Member

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

The pictorial representation gently satirizing your extreme passion for a matter with respect to which many others are (seemingly) indifferent, though maybe if the Astros were any good more would care and sympathize with your viewpoint.

1 person likes this.
  12. msn

msn Member

touché! in the grand scheme of real life, you're right: it doesn't really matter.

but, I just really don't like AL baseball. :/

13. Nick

Nick Member

But if the Dbacks move, and they move the Astros back to the NL west, they will still have a bunch of west coast games.

I'd still choose that if I had to choose between the two (stay in NL west or move to AL west), but you still have the problem of late starts.

Which means, if they do move a team from the NL to the AL, i'd totally be pushing for no divisions, and just 15 team leagues, with the top 5 going to the playoffs.

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

REPPED!:grin:

15. MadMax

MadMax Member

I read that before, too. I think they were orignally supposed to be an AL club, but for some reason they didn't do it (can't remember why).

16. alethios

alethios Member

Would the Astros suck less if they went to the AL? If that's the case, I'm all for it. Otherwise, Confucious say "phkdatsht".

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think it'd be pretty cool, but not at the expense of the very best rivalries in the league.