1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coming to Houston......

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, May 18, 2011.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

print out your boarding pass at home. You can get it at the airport but you have to wait in a line.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Generally if you have to check baggage, you can get your boarding pass at that time. Pre-printing boarding passes is especially helpful if all you have is carry-ons, but I find it redundant if I am checking baggage.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

First time in history of Clutchfans where a thread asking for advice didn't get completely derailed with jokes? And other posters are actually giving good useable advice.

Im so disappointed.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah, we'll be checking baggage. Good to know. Thanks for the tip. :)

5. bobrek

I don't know about Southwest, but Delta will send your boarding pass(es) to your cell phone and the gate agents can scan it directly from your phone.

6. dianap07

dianap07 Member

i can't believe they recommended show palace to you! but, it is full nudity, so if that's what your uncle wants, that's where he'll get it. I personally find it way too shady there but to each their own.

Go to Jimmy Changas on Spencer at Center St (past the beltway). It's somewhat new, food is good, the place is nice and their Dos Margaritas are awesome! I drink mine with corona though :)\

Do not go to Townsquare mall. you won't get killed but the place is horrible. You're better off going to Baybrook mall which is much better.

Only do the early bird if you know your flight will be completely booked. i know there is no way to know, but i'd say it's a safe bet to say that a trip fr arkansas to houston won't be completely full. i guess i could be wrong though.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i've made the flight quite a few times and it's full more often than not.

8. Lil Pun

I went ahead and purchased the early bird for me and my girl. We have like 10 other family members on the plane and they'll check in tomorrow at 3:50 PM. I guess I can see an compare if it was worth it.

9. bobrek

Not sure how Southwest handles things, but most every other airline will allow passengers traveling with small children to board first (or close to first).

10. Lil Pun

Went to Captain Tom's Seafood and Oyster Bar today. $6 for a dozen oysters on a half shell?!?!?!?!? You're lucky to get half a dozen that low back home. The michelada was awesome too. The fried food was rather bland but still ok.

Does anybody know what time it closes? I want to go back after the wedding tomorrow.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Did you ever go to Show Palace?

there are two girls i want to see again there.

12. Lil Pun

We're doing the strip thing tomorrow.

Hopefully Captain Tom's too.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

There was this one girl there. Couldn't tell if she was Asian or Hispanic. Dark hair, about 5 3, she smelled good. Bath and Body works, with a hint of Marlboros.

14. Lil Pun

Where is it? Lol

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Aren't you guys going to Show Palace?

16. Lil Pun

I'm not sure.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Fajitas...El tiempo on Washington. Game over.

18. Lil Pun

Well, I came back earlier this week from the trip.

1. Minute Maid Park is really nice and who would have guessed that many hotties came to baseball games?

2. We were not staying in Pasadena, that's just where my girl's aunt works. We actually stayed in Galena Park.

3. Didn't get to go to a strip club which isn't a big loss for me.

4. Went to a club down in Webster called The Hop. It was cool, it was very mixed which was great. We had a good time there.

5. Captain Tom's Seafood and Oyster Bar was awesome! Definitely a do-over on my next trip.

6. Turbulence on the flight there has probably scarred my daughter for life. My daughter's crying on the flight back probably scarred some people on that flight and some people in this thread:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=198180

7. Lela Rochon was on my flight back to Little Rock. She has gained some weight since her Boomerang days.

8. Most of my family visiting got pissed because the first two nights they ate Chinese and pizza. :grin:

9. Took the kiddos to Kemah. I love that place too.

10. Although Houston has about 1 billion things my hometown and state do not have, I definitely don't miss driving in that traffic and the lengths of travel involved.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

PICTURES!! NEED PICTURES!!!
    Seriously ma . . .what she doing in Lil Rock!

As my friend would say . . . SHE CAN STILL GET IT!!

Rocket River

20. bobrek

As long as she was disturbing the riff-raff in economy - so what. :)