1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Motiejunas to Dwight Howard: Catch me if you can!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dude's it's been years since he balled. McHale is probably well over 300lbs. You can see him grimacing because of the struggles with a compressed gut and belt that wants to give up.

2. anchel

anchel Member

Actually the problem with Motiejunas could be the opposite. Lack of discipline, immaturity sometimes... he's a character guy, gets frustrated very easily when things go wrong, gets mad amd goes into a "me against the world."... And I think that this is what made him fall until a 20th pick. He's a great talent, but there are doubts about his character. But not at the Jordan Hill way, more like the opposite.

I think you can see some of that already in this press.

1 person likes this.
  3. Dei

Dei Member

I'm mixed about the cockiness. We've been needing a competitive fire that can be pissed when we're not winning to mix with our collection of Shane Battier molded professionals but this is the kind of cockiness that can make his teammates uncomfortable. I just hope he can back it up.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Just going by that first press conference, I predict a fight between "D-Mo" and "T-Will" sometime before the first 20 games are played. They both seem to be dumbasses.

5. anchel

anchel Member

I understand you, but consider also the language issues. Sometimes it's difficult to give an appropiated and quick answer if you don't master the language, believe me.

Still, it's true that he's a little bit immature and arrogant.

6. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Eh who cares. Joey Dorsey was "Ray Lewis with a basketball" and everyone loved him then.

Scola will put D-Mo in his place.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

dorsey was correct in his assessment though. he was a line backer playing basketball. it would've been nice if he tried to be a basketball player with the strength of a linebacker.

as for montie, i have no problem with his arrogance. i think it shows that he has pride in being considered the best. however, he's in for a rude awakening in the nba. i think and hope his pride will force him to work as hard as he needs to in order to improve and earn that praise again.

8. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Only the great defensive player to ever grace the game, Sergio Llull

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I love the confidence of our first rounders.

10. anchel

anchel Member

- In fact, I think he actually misunderstood the question in which he answered "why not?". I have a theory, but doesn't matter at all... That only will be the first of many fails to come if he has that english level and at the same time is so eager to talk. -

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Somehow I just like the "cocky" / swagger / ego of the current batch. Be it Twill or Big D.

As long as they work hard during training. I have no problem with them being an @$$ in front of the TV. Problem is neither of them have a reputation of working hard.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. I think Rockets need more players with (focused) bravado. Time to user in a new generation of swagger.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think he's right d12 will have trouble guarding him if he is gonna guard him

14. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What? He was one of the two who cracked a joke. He just doesn't change his expression much. He tries to be funny in just about every interview I've seen of him.

Donatas just seems like he has trouble expanding his answers in english, so he goes for the quick answers that come off too snappy. In his defense, the questions arent that great or thought provoking.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like the way you articulated his problems.

17. MandM's

MandM's Member

when they show morey the door after this season, this guy will be right behind him. cocky and undeserving is no way to start a career in the nba

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Lol, I think Melo might light up his "protege" Morris for 40 as well. In all seriousness, I don't think these unproven draftees are gonna be on anybody's radar anytime soon, much less top tier players like D12 and Melo.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lighten up d-mo is his trying to prove he belongs with all dis talk far he has no passion he hears those crazy rumors so he was jus making a joke and trying 2 prove he belongs and m-mo needs 2 lighten up 2 dey wer brought in together 2 help us get 2 da playoffs

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member