1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF Prediction thread: Draft's big winner,loser

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by roslolian, Jun 24, 2011.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Name one team you think won on this draft night and one team which lost out.

I got the Jazz as one of the winners, and I got Cleveland as one of the losers. Cleveland reached a lot for Tristan Thompson, not sure what that was about as they could have traded the 4rth pick for any number of low post undersized pfs like Al Jefferson, Patrick Patterson or even traded down and still manage to get TT. To be quite honest, I had TT in the tweens range, certainly not sure he's gonna be better than Jonas V, Vessly or Biyombo.

Jazz I feel got BPAs in Kanter and Burcs. Too bad they missed out on Brandon Knight, but IMHO they got comparable talent in Kanter and Burcs. Kanter isn't much of a defensive player but they got that player in the DW draft to man the pf slot. Burcs will probably be one of the best sgs in this draft, not sure why they didn't try to trade up to get either Brandon Knight or Jimmer.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Jazz get the Al Horford / Brandon Roy of the draft.

SMH

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Crap really? We posted identical threads... Boo

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Winners: Charlotte and Washington.
    Bobcats getting Kemba AND Byiombo
    Wizards getting Vesely and Singleton

Losers: Toronto and OKC
    Toronto's only pick wont play for 2 or 3 years and they drafted NOONE else and passed on Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker to do so!
    OKC got another point guard while passing on multiple SFs that could back up Durant (Kyle Singler, Tyler Honeycutt, Jordan Hamilton)

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Bump this hoe in 3 years.

1 person likes this.
  6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Loser: SAC
    They trade their starting point guard for two more shooting guards. They don't have a single distributor.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Biggest winner: I'm gonna surprise everybody here -- Utah

I like them picking up both Kanter and Burks. Two solid players that bring a lot of upside and versatility to a team that's clearly starting over.

I mean, Kanter/Favors/Jefferson/Millsap all on your frontline? Look out.

Biggest loser: Toronto

They're pathetic and need help right now. Hell, the fundamental purpose of the draft is to help the worst teams get the best available young players. So they go and select a guy that 100% will not play in the NBA next year (at the very least).

Not to mention, he projects as a five which just so happens to be their strongest position in Toronto.

8. thebender

thebender Member

Impressed by what Utah, Wizards and Charlotte came out of the draft with.

Agree that I'm confused by Clevelands move at 4. Think they'll still be building/picking high next year.

As others said - Toronto shocked me too.....are they going to trade Bargnani?

9. jvu

jvu Member

10. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Lakers because they drafted hakuna matata or something like that late in the second round

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

somebody tweeted that but I don't actually remember who it was. insidehoops probably

12. baller4life315

That's not the point. When you're as bad as Toronto is and has been, how much longer can you wait? Especially a year after Bosh burnt you to play for an NBA Finals team. At what point do you say to your fans, "Look, we're going to try to get better right now?".

It's something that needed to happen and it didn't.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Toronto has zero chance at getting franchise players through FA. They might have gotten one last night and they'll have another chance next summer.

14. jvu

jvu Member

Who did u want them to pick than?? When pretty much All players in the US would leave toronto after they're rookie contracts.. That city is hopeless for a star... They're best interests are international stars who don't mind living in the city of Toronto.

15. baller4life315

Vesley would have been a much better pick if the goal was to both find immediate help and secure a franchise building block.

16. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

this is the bit I don't get, why didn't the Cavs take him at 4 and wait the year or two, they are not going to be good this year and will basically be tanking again next season, they were the perfect to team to wait for him

17. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Winners were the Wizards with Vesely and Singleton going to be an interesting team.
    Losers were the Raptors thought they'd try and get their PG of the future but look out for them to be winners after next years draft and then bringing over Valanciunas.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't know about Alec Burks. Athletic wing and skilled wing who can't shoot. Reminds me of an earlier Utah draft pick: Kirk Snyder. Hopefully without the crazy.

19. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

The Spurs. They got Erazem Lorbek, which means they won by far.

20. Egghead

Egghead Member

The Bucks. Got a steal getting Tobias Harris at #19.