1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Jun 23, 2011.

1. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

I can understand the frustration with Houston sports at the moment, but the negativity in here is simply pathetic.

2. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

I think we will regret not taking Hamilton at #23

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Don't understand what you want buddy? Morey is doing a good job tonight...what are you expecting? Morris is SF and we got rid of brad millers contract. We get John Flynn and a BIG euro prospect with skill and the night is still young.

4. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

A 220 pound NBA center? In a way, this kid make Chuck Hayes seem huge.

5. Apps

Apps Member

What is it about Flynn that makes him such an automatically bad player in so many people's eyes on this board? Why is he being looked at as a minus for us? I haven't seen him play, but he's only been in the league for 2 years and is 22 years old... does the guy just have no potential at all? What's up?

6. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Yup. We have been spoiled. It takes at least 2-3 years to rebuild. Look at Minnesota for example. Hell it took atl 5 years or more.

Time to endure the rebuilding years, we may stink it up for the next couple of years, it's a process

7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I really hope they don't plan on playing Motiejunas at center. He would get dominated nightly in the post and on rebounds.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Have you not seen him play?

Seriously just use Youtube this time, how many PFs are facing up behind the 3 point line and then driving in the NBA?

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

A healthy Flynn is > Dragic who will be gone after 7/1 uh, when biz returns to NBA.

10. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

First of all. I'm not hating on the trade at all. Actually I love unloading Miller's contract which is the main reason Morey made this trade.

Flynn is a fine player with potential, but not at a need at all (we could have had Hamilton).

It remains to be seen whether Marcus Morris can play SF.

I hope the Euro is good, but who knows.

I guess we'll just have to shell out the cash to OVERPAY a C like Dalembert in free agency....

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Kyle lowry-Goran Dragic/Jonny Flynn
    Kevin Martin-Courtney Lee-Squid
    Marcus Morris-Chase Budinger-Squid
    Luis Scola-Patrick Patterson
    Donatas Montiejunas-Yao Ming/Hasheem Thabeet

Looks pretty good?

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

FAIL FORGOT CHUCKWAGON

13. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Dude....have you ever seen Morris play? How much evidence do you need? He was a JR at Kansas....his whole game is about facing the basket with good footwork and post game

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Yeah I'm not too thrilled about getting two more PF's and one of the worst players in the league in Flynn. But I guess we'll see what else happens.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Chuck Hayes?

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If we do trade who r we targeting

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, i dont understand how anyone can watch that clip and say he can't play the three. None of our Power forwards can handle the ball and score like that. Sure, it's a workout thread, not an actual game, but none of our PFs can work out like that either. He's a legit SF. He moves like pierce or melo out there, but i guess people forget not all SFs move like Lebron James.

18. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I saw him play in 3-4 games during the season, and a bit of youtube video as well. I still see a tweener that will not be athletic enough to play 1/2 the starting 3's in the NBA. People are comparing him to Paul Pierce, but he just isn't that quick. Since that is not a trait that develops with age, I don't see him making a career at the position.

19. opticon

opticon Member

in my opinion a team always needs to have 3 quality point guards. If Lowry has a ankle or issue we screwed if we don't have a player like Flynn who can pick up the minutes at point guard.

Also Goran has value around league we might be able to flip him for a pick or area of need later at next years deadline.

20. throwedyung14

throwedyung14 Contributing Member

Our goal isn't to get better.... yet. We're not winning the championship this year or next. So collect assets until we can get that star (harder said than done).