1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ESPN] Andy Katz reports Rockets trying hard for #2 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DraftBoy10, Jun 22, 2011.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wouldn't be surprised if this were just a smokescreen Morey leaked to the fans so everyone would think that he's trying really hard. I'll believe it when he actually makes a splash...

2. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

My reply to your thoughts is your username.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Morey pays attention to who is likely to succeed as well as upside. Williams has more of a track record than the other guys and he may fill our need for both a star and a good SF.

4. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

ok well like i said i hope i'm wrong.. i'm ready for something to happen.. i hope all this talk ends up more than just talk… just seems like a broken record after the last 2 drafts..

5. RocketMania1991

Morey is a beast and has only done positive for this team since he arrived.

Everyone who says otherwise is a straight fool.

GIT R DUN!

6. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gGUEHrlzvlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Yoda

Yoda Member

eh...same ol same ol, wake me up when something actually happens this time.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Hate to say but I agree. It's time to walk the walk....

9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

At least the offseason is never really boring with Morey... he`d be foolish not to try to get the 2nd pick with the T`Wolves shopping it. But Morey is not the kind of guy who overpays (well, T-Will perhaps... ok and Brad Miller...)... ok usually. Scola is our best trading piece, but I doubt they`d be interested with Love on their team. Perhaps 3 first rounders? Nah, I guess they don`t want anymore rotation players... we won`t give up Martin or Lowry for that pick... so I don`t really see how this could be happening. But I´d be excited if we somehow can get it done.

10. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

be careful all these morey apologists will snap at ya.. haha..

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kahn must have all the ESPN dudes hooked to a personal fax. The guy leaks info like a sieve.

Keep trying, Kaaaahn! Up that ante.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

In a town with Rick Smith and Ed Wade, I think some of you Morey whiners need to either step away from the ledge or go ahead and jump off.

2 people like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

hopefully this involves flipping the pick for DH12

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Thank you for the motivation.

Goodbye world.

16. Raven

Raven Member

If Morey thought the second pick was so valuable, he should have traded Martin and Luis, after Yao went down, and we'd have a higher pick, maybe even have a top three pick.

Giving up a ton of assets to trade up just seems so illogical when most teams would just tank to get the players they want.

17. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Let me make sure I understand.

The Wolves inkle they'll consider Pau or Bynum. The Lakers respond with Odom.

And the reason the Rockets get closed out of the deal would be that MINN is afraid to deal with Morey?

Wow....just wow.

Walks off shaking head...

18. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Classic!!

It is stupid to trade assets to move up for a top pick. The smart teams trade their assets before hand and tank. LMAO!!!:grin:

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The Morey bashing is just beyond stupid.

The Scola trade was grand larceny, he got a 25ppg scorer for Landry, traded T-macs corpse for a good haul, Lowry for freakin Alston, not to mention drafting late round gems like Brooks, Landry, Bud, and Ppat.

They guy turned two broken down injured superstars and a bunch of scrubs into a legitimate playoff contender. Seriously go look at the crap that was surrounding T-mac and Yao.

You start with garbage like Alston and Spanoulis and you end up with Scola and Lowry and you're telling me Morey is not a top GM?

BS

6 people like this.
  20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I hate to be the guy, but I've been him for so long, I'm cool. If the wolves are asking for gasol or bynum as compensation, what on earth do the rockets have to offer?