1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kerr Sees Similarities Between James, Pippen

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, Jun 13, 2011.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Uhhh. Did you realize after Jordan left Scottie sucked balls?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

A lot more than Pippen, Wade, and Bosh.

3. meh

meh Member

Jordan entered the NBA in 1984. He did not win a championship until 1992. He also did not win a championship after the Bulls broke up.

In addition, the Bulls traded Olden Polynice for Pippen. So a Pippen-less Bulls would have him replaced by Olden Polynice.

In addition, Pippen made absolute peanuts during his entire stay in Chicago, the reason why he jumped at Les' cash upon granted FA. So his salary was not a detriment to Chicago signing other "star" players to surround Jordan with.

So if you're assuming that Jordan would've won any title with players caliber of Olden Polynice replacing Pippen, you are smoking some serious stuff.

4. sammy

sammy Member

Remind me when Pippen had carried his team to ECF and Finals, won 2 MVP awards, and led the league in PER 3 straight seasons at the ago of 26.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

i remember hearing someone say this about a year ago, anyone remember who said it?

6. bellclare1

bellclare1 Member

You can't be serious pippen would have never led that cavs team to the finals ever. LBJ has ah skill set that pippen only dreamed of. Let's not go over board he was a 2 time MVP...

7. meh

meh Member

Ah, the "since it's hypothetical you can never prove me wrong haha argument". I guess I have to counter with my own hypothetical then.

Hey, how about I predict this?

Lebron
    BJ Armstrong
    Horance Grant
    Steve Kerr
    Bill Cartwright

cannot beat

Patrick Ewing
    Charles Oakley
    Charles Smith
    John Starks
    Derek Harper.

8. goodbug

goodbug Member

But unlike LeBron, Pippen didn't let MJ down. LeBron can't hold Pippen's jockstrap in finals. Numbers don't lie

9. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Did Pippen's mom sleep w/ Steve Kerr?

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No just no, People were overating Lebron

Now they are underating him because of this one series.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

LBJ is not Pippen, he's not MJ, he's a combination of both.

The sometimes shooter label doesn't really apply to LBJ because he's the best shooter in the team. He's actually one of the best shooters in the L. People weren't calling him the "chosen one" simply because of hype, LBJ's quite simply one of the most talented and complete players to ever play. This isn't LBJ's first playoff experience as well, he's shown himself to be clutch and dominating multiple times on both the Cleveland playoff runs and the first two matchups vs Chicago and Boston. For some reason he wilted in the finals, big deal. Its still not reason enough for everyone to act like he's suddenly full of holes or whatever.

Players go through highs and lows all the time. The same Dirk who won the finals MVP this year got punked by GS a few years ago, and by Dwade a year before that.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

If numbers don't lie why did you make a thread saying Kobe's 5 is greater than MJ's 6?

13. Aleron

Aleron Member

Pippen was a pretty good shooter, the sometimes shooter is a reference to their unwillingness to take open shots sometimes and how they will just pass it to someone else.

14. PeppermintCandy

Maybe the problem is not that James is a rich man's Pippen, but that Wade is a poor man's Jordan.

15. Aleron

Aleron Member

he entered in 84/85, he won in 90/91, his 7th season

16. Aleron

Aleron Member

I'll take Steve Kerr, Kukoc, Rodman, Ron Harper and Luc Longley over Mario Chalmers, Bosh, Joel Anthony, Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem.

How about you?

17. sammy

sammy Member

Link? SMH

18. PeppermintCandy

Me too. What's your point?

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Not to be a dick or anything, but were you old enough to actually watch Jordan and Pippen play? I watched some of the Jordan Era games in the 90's but I barely remember anything because I was so small. And I know I'm a couple of years older than you.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I believe he also only started playing at age 24, so if you compare MJ to LBJ, LBJ still has until 29 to win his first ring.