1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem vs Jordan (We would have beat them in the finals)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wadero, Jun 12, 2011.

1. wadero

wadero Member

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We beat them in 95 by sweeping the team that beat the Bulls with Jordan going nuts in the regular season (50+ points in a game) and playoffs (48 vs. Charlotte).

3. Houstone

Houstone Member

Man Vernon was a beast, I never knew he was that athletic and could palm the ball like that. :)

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Have you guys noticed the large amount of nostalgia threads lately? This is what you'd call withdrawal symptoms. It's like a drug. We need success in the worst way. Anything. Star prospect. Playoffs. Whatever.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

next time click on embed and copy that code

here's the video for the lazy

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/epPwITy_BMU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. tinman

Supporting Member

it's also the off season. right after the nba finals.

but nothing is wrong with that, some new fans might click and see something new.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

There's nothing wrong with it, in fact i love reminiscing. However, we really need some new championship memories, this franchise is too prestigious to have 2 rings.

Sucks that we haven't had another player like Hakeem though, I love Yao and his heart but I can't help but to feel disappointed.

We need a team built around heart like clutch city use to be.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I really wish Hakeem himself would talk MORE S**T to the media about that and drive that point home.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Hmm, and original thread.

Can't ever replace the old and original ones. They stay in our hearts and minds forever.

But i'd like some new ones. I'm sure some of us here would want us to never win another title so we can celebrate the same two titles over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

and over

I think about all the places in Houston right now where we could be celebrating next year. I think Discovery Green would be a good gathering place to watch if they put some big screens out there to watch them on. It's right next to Toyota Center.

I remember waiting in line to buy shirts and hats. That was fun. I couldn't find any locker room shirts, but they had some at Foleys, so we went to Foleys to go get some.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Well it's up to Daryl Morey to make us talk about something new.

I guess we can speculate about how McHale will be as our coach.

12. verse

verse Contributing Member

I still have this original Chronicle paper. Woohoo! Probably should have had it laminated, but it is still in pristine condition.

13. Roxs-Redemption

Can you type up the orginal Chronicle paper? if not; scan it and share it with us...

14. verse

verse Contributing Member

Will tomorrow morning after work...

15. acpstx

acpstx New Member

Yeah, that would be great to see that again... anyone know where to find it to save the trouble of scanning it?

16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

After watching a clip like that, it still baffles me when NBA "experts" say that the Rockets 94 and 95 championships are tainted cuz Jordan retired. Just look at that clip...3 times when Hakeem matched up against Jordan - Jordan scored 0 times and got stuffed twice.

Same could be said about the Celtics 8 straight championships..."Well Jordan hadn't picked up a basketball yet, so those championships are tainted!"

Same could be said about every championship after 98... "Well Jordan retired so those championships shouldn't count! And when he came back in 02 and 03...well he was just "rusty". BTW! Dallas won the championship last night cuz Jordan retired!"

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the **** you very much game, one of my favourites

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Fact is, we never made it to the Finals when they made it, and they never made it when we made it. The best Finals to never happen.

19. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

i agree, but isn't that what makes hakeem great? in these times of 24hrlebronrealitytvcluster****attentionmediawhoring, you can really appreciate the grace, humility, and overall un****withability of the greatest center who ever lived.

from merriam-webster online:

lebron [luh-doo-sh] (n): the anti-dream, all which is not clutch city

1 person likes this.
  20. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

At least we're getting unique and original ideas.