1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

20 reasons to pull for Mavs in this Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Jun 3, 2011.

1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Anyone recognize this guy?

[​IMG]

2. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

what happens if there is some kid right now that is growing up in dallas and is a huge dallas fan. in the years to come he develops one of the best bball games known to date.

he gets drafted by the rockets and leads them to championships. would you hate him because he was born and grew up in dallas?

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I am begrudgingly rooting for the mavs.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Good for you, moe. But anyone who hates any human being equal to or more than he hates Karl Malone is irrational in my book.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

**** the Mavs. **** them.

I will never root for any other Texas team besides the Rockets. I rather Miami win (even though I despise that team as well) then ever root for the Mavs. I like Dirk, I like Kidd, but I don't want their ****ing city to have an NBA championship. I rather their piece of **** douche fans keep singing the tune to us Rockets fan, "Well at least we have some Superbowls". Who gives a **** about superbowls if you are a die-hard Rockets fan. I know I don't.

**** Dallas!

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree with every single one. And last night's comeback was something to behold, whether you hate the Mavs or not.

As for me, I only hate two NBA teams and I don't really "hate" either of them: The Jazz and The Heat. The Jazz because of history, though it doesn't really count anymore since everyone I hated there (esp. Sloan) is gone. The Heat because they gamed the system and Lebron and Bosh took what they believed to be the easy route to a championship. It would be fun for me if they were proven wrong and outworked by a team that played it straight.

Also, I know it's not a popular opinion around these parts but I freaking love Mark Cuban.

7. blink

blink Contributing Member

i dont understand how any rockets fan can hate the heat more than the mavs or jazz. i just cant understand. you have no other reason to hate the heat other than to be a hater.

at least there is good reason to hate the mavs

you mavs supporters sicken me

1 person likes this.
  8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Not trying to pick a fight (you know I love me some moes) but this sort of thing is downright baffling to me. Hating Dirk is like hating Duncan or Yao to me. All he ever did wrong was to work his ass off and get better each year. He's the NBA player I have most steadily coveted, not just because he's great and can shoot from anywhere on the floor but because he just seems like a good guy.

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

/thread

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'd like to see Dirk and Kidd win a championship before the "Big Three".

[​IMG]

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Really? The same conclusion seems to always come out from Heat "hater-haters". I think the reasons most dislike the Heat has already been discussed.
    Also I didn't read anywhere on the BBS or take that from the Batman Jones post above yours in which he discusses the Heat and Jazz, that anyone hates the Heat more than the Jazz. We have way more of a bitter history with the Jazz than the Mavs. As for the Heat, I'm pretty sure most on here have their reasons for hating them and it's not just because "they want to be haters and haters gon hate".

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Seriously, **** Dallas, **** Terry, **** out of bounds Finley, **** 2nd best center in the NBA, ****game 7, **** JJ Barea, **** the Mavpricks

The way it should ALWAYS be, no matter the circumstances:

Mavericks: 0 championships

Jazz: 0 championships

1 person likes this.
  13. rocketsmetalspd

Can't believe it, Mavs Heat can't this season be done with so we can all start rooting for our favorite team ROCKETS!!!

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Anybody who says, "I can't believe people don't hate ______ team more than _____ team is pure hatred with no good reason. That's fine. That's just sports fanhood. You have to passionately love a team and hate some other teams to really experience being a rabid fan.

I hate the Lakers, for example, probably more than you hate the Mavs. I don't pretend that my hate is all that rational.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

#zerorings

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron is the best basketball player today.

1 person likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not really.

You think Lebron and Wade didn't work as hard? Every one of those guys worked their tails off to get to where they are today.

Also I will never ever root for the Dallas Mavericks.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Mav hating is coming out of the woodworks and I must say it makes me proud. Love you guys. :)

Spurs, Jazz and Lakers suck big donkey -----!

19. bellclare1

bellclare1 Member

Donkey balls

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No. Just no.