1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 reasons to pull for Mavs in this Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

it was real trade tho. not "joining forces"

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good lord, I didn't think it was possible for me to hate the ****ing Mavs anymore. But all this Mavs love on a Rockets board is making me puke. :mad:

1 person likes this.
  3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yeah, I think you'd have to cut out two to make room for LeBron's max.

First of all, the whole synergy of that team would be different. It would be LeBron ball. Who knows if they even are as effective with LeBron disrupting the flow of their offense? The whole thing about that Pistons team was their team first mentality. 82 games? Don't be silly.

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

Agree. I'm seriously disgusted by it.

5. clippy

clippy Member

The whole thing about that Pistons team was that they were the best defensive team of the era, maybe ever. And LeBron right now is just as good as Prince was then, plus he brings much needed offense. That team would be very hard to stop.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

If LeBron was taking the shots instead of Billups or Hamilton or Sheed who knows if the ones that really mattered will go in? Or who knows if LeBron would have changed the spacing of the team and changed the whole dynamics... there are a lot of factors to consider...

but, it's all hypothetical and we'll never know... most people predict things and often are wrong.

7. shlhl

shlhl Member

I did not love MAVS at all. Pure simple. It just make me feel good if MAV win and Miami lost. We got hope and you do not need three star to win championship. Unfortunately, I think Miami will win........................

8. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Lebron looked pretty unstoppable last night

9. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

note last 6 minutes of the game

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I really don't understand why its so ****ing important for everybody to "choose sides" here. You have absolutely no control over what happens, and if you're a Rockets fan... it means next to nothing to you. The amount of anger being spewed around the Dish right now is laughable when you put it all in perspective.

I hate the Mavericks because they are Dallas, and I hate Dallas. I don't hate them because they beat us 7 years ago, I hate them because I hate Dallas fans in general, and I wish them nothing but failure.

You guys are ****ing ridiculous, its this irrational "choose sides" mentality. You all are seeing everything in black and white. Love/Hate. There is a middle ground here people.

Miami means nothing to me, Lebron sold out to win a ring... so be it. He'll deal with the consequences.

You may all love Dirk all you want and want to see him get a ring. I still say he can kiss my ass.

Also - All of you would be the biggest Rockets fans ever if Lebron/Wade/Bosh were taking the Rockets to the finals right now.

"Lebron left Cleveland and it didn't benefit me? **** Lebron, he's a cheater and a douche, blah blah blah"

"Lebron left Cleveland and it benefits me? YAY! BEST TEAM EVER! FINALS BOUND BABY!"

11. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

yah i was kidding

12. SunsRocketsfan

but Lebron does not have that signature moment in his career where he completely put the team on his back and led them in a huge important win in a very important game. Dirk has that defining moment now. LBJ might never have that since he decided to join Wade.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Fine people, you don't have to hate the Mavericks if you want to swing that way, but at least hate the Mavericks fans. I'll never forget that screaming girl that would go to the Mavs games and scream while our team was shooting free throws. I wanted to double slap her and Cuban together in that series. They are friggin' obnoxious and they live close to us. If they win, get used to hearing about the Mavs all the time, about how great they are and how Nowitzki was one of the best ever. They'll be on the news, they'll be at your bar, your restaurant, your work, they will talk trash to you and all you can say is "so, we won 2 over ten years ago". Also, don't forget that we play these guys 4 times a year and will have to hear about them constantly during the regular season. They'll be those champions our Rockets have to get past when we make the playoffs.

If the Heat win, it'll be a media monstrosity, but at least it won't be on your local radar.

Go Rockets!! I'm loyal to the core. I hope the Mavs lose three straight at home. I'd love to see the Mavs fans dejected and have every breath of air pulled from their egos.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, moe, I think the Mavs hatred is more irrational than the Heat hatred.

Dirk the new Karl Malone? Are you out of your mind? Malone was a subhuman scumbag and cheap shot artist. Dirk is like an angel compared to him, and that says a lot.

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this

lol at comparing malone to dirk

brb rivals and hate after 1 series

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's one thing you and finalsbound will always have.

The irrational and ridiculous Dirk hate

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

LOF-WOF

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dallas hatred is never irrational. All of you make me sick.

All of you can keep Dirk's member down in your throats... I'm saying **** him until he's no longer around.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That German wears a Dallas shirt, so I hate him.

20. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

secretly haters wish dirk was a rocket