1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 reasons to pull for Mavs in this Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Yeah, just like our team...

But seriously, I will get right back to hating the mavpricks right after they destroy the evil empire that is this year's version of the heat. You can bet that if it were the Bulls or Celtics, I would be hoping the mavpricks got swept.

Believe me, you don't have to worry about me turning into a mav or spur fan any time soon....

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The irrational Heat hatred popping up everywhere combined with all this sudden Dallas loving has only fueled my Mavericks hatred even more.

Dirk is the new Karl Malone. NO RINGS.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Yeah but umm don't the Yanks have one main rival that they hate and dislike above all and isn't that the BoSox.
    The Mavs aren't our main rivals. Prior to Cuban they were barely a blip on our radar and I still would consider them 3rd on our list of most hated rivals.
    The Spurs would be #1 imho(A Texas team with more titles than us)
    The Jazz
    The Mavs.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

The Heat are a worse evil than the Mavs. Think about the consequences, man. I'll let Mav fans brag about ONE championship than Heat fans bragging about how they have a dynasty. They will reach Laker fan type stupidity if the Heat win that many. If the Mavs win one this year, it will be just as forgetful as the one the Celtics won a few years ago, because that's all they won. ONE.

5. clippy

clippy Member

It's not irrational. It's guided by the media, with hacks like Woj. fueling the hatred with diatribes on the evil actions of Lebron James... betraying his home town, OH MY!

It just goes to show what sheeps we are.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Dang. Dirk is nowhere near as easy to hate as Malone. Easy.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Sheeps? The only sheep here are those who hopped on the Heat bandwagon. I am in disgust when I see friends on Facebook who know nothing about basketball rooting for the Heat just because they are winning. Those are sheep. Those who have taken the easy way in.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

2005 First Round Playoff Series.

Houston went up 2-0, winning two games IN DALLAS, firmly taking a choke hold on the series as it came back to Houston. Mark Cuban decides that enough is enough, and he goes on a mass media attack claiming that the referees were allowing Yao Ming to set moving screens, he was getting away with traveling on every possession, and that he was pushing people out of the post illegally. Of course, David Stern then sends out a memorandum telling refs to look out for this (i.e. target him), and Yao doesn't get to play more than 5 minutes at a time without getting a BS foul call. On the flip side, Micheal Finley and Jason Terry are allowed to get away with MURDER on the perimeter (hand checks, pushing through screens), and Dirk could do no wrong in the post, and what was once a big 2-0 lead turns into a 3-2 deficit. Also, FINLEY WAS OUT OF BOUNDS!

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Mavs wouldn't be the worst team in the league that's for sure.

10. clippy

clippy Member

Those are frontrunners, rooting for the good team because winning is fun. Sheep are people who will believe whatever those around them say. "The Heat are EVIL!" is in the airwaves and so you all believe it. I mean, Woj wrote like fifty articles bashing LeBron so he must be a bad guy.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

are you saying this year's mavs without dirk is better than this year's rockets?

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

THANK YOU.
    Screw all you Dallas lovers.
    Remember this:
    [​IMG]

13. clippy

clippy Member

Phil Jackson did the same thing in 2000 when the Kings were giving the Lakers a surprisingly hard time in the first round (look at all of the 3-seconds they are getting away with!!!) I think all coaches pull this stuff. Cuban just has access to more high tech videos. Wouldn't you consider that a positive if he were your team's owner?

14. m0lson

m0lson Member

Repped

That Houston vs Dallas series was years ago.. get over it

1 person likes this.
  15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

SOooooo what did our owner do in response to that???? Yeah I thought so.
    What happened to us in Game 7? We're going to cop out and blame Cuban for that as well right but we won't point the finger at our coach or players?:rolleyes:

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

I hated the Heat even before Woj wrote an article about LeBron. And I'm sure many are the same way. I was emotionless when I read those articles, they were only mildly entertaining but never influenced me to hate LeBron. Don't be ridiculous.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Yeahh I think those fans that dislike the Heat have more reason to do so than relying on a writer that most don't even know exists, to guide their thought process as to Heat hating.

Really, Woj is so great that his Bron bashing articles have led to all the Heat hatred? If so then Yahoo should definitely balance it out by signing LeBatard so he can bring his Heat-fellating articles to the national public.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Nobody is a Dallas lover.

And that play? Blame the refs.

19. clippy

clippy Member

So I assume you hated the Lakers when they got Gasol for peanuts (collusion!) and the Celtics in 2008 (from cellar to title!) and Amare and Carmelo for teaming up in NY and well, and countless other times this stuff has happened. Or do you only hate on LeBron because he's better than all of those players?

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

Exactly. It's downright ignorant to call out everyone like that assuming they were all led by one foolish writer.