1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 25, 2011.

?

What do you expect to be the result

1. Dallas in 4

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Dallas in 5

12 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Dallas in 6

113 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Dallas in 7

43 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Miami in 4

10 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Miami in 5

40 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. Miami in 6

115 vote(s)
    31.1%
  8. Miami in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Actually, they do.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Do they?

This postseason, Noah averaged 4.25 orpg in 33.1 mpg.

Chandler has averaged 3.67 orpg in 30.4 mpg.

So based on that, you think Noah is a much much better offensive rebounder?

3. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

I'd be shocked if Dallas won a single game.

4. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This will be a fantastic series. Dirk and James are both playing out of their minds right now.

Miami defense is slightly better than Dallas. But Dallas just got too much offense. They beat you with passing and shooting, instead of 1-on-1. That will greatly negate the impact of the two wing defenders in James and Wade. Miami tends to fall into too much ISOs, and not much offensive variations. That is fine against a Bulls team who cannot buy a bucket, but will be devastating vs a Dallas team with good shooters everywhere on the floor.

Dallas in 6.

5. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Prepared to be shocked. Even 76ers won 1 out of 4.

6. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Miami will be in big trouble if LeBron spent much of his energy guarding Dirk. In the Bulls series, LeBron often was the only bright spot in Miami's offense. Wade had been horrible and they don't have much other options on offense. Remember, Dirk doesn't beat you 1-on-1 moves. He will just shoot over the top vs LeBron.

7. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I don't think LeBron would defend Dirk better than Collison did. Dirk is not DRose. LeBron is taller than Rose and as quick as Rose, so Rose could not beat him in dribble penetration. But Dirk can simply shoot over the top vs LeBron.

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Having Barea and Terry on the floor at the same time for long stretches is not good for Dallas. Why would they do that? They are both pick and roll players and average defenders. Dallas got too much offensive talent. They best option is to go a balance lineup on the floor all the time.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

True. But I also don't see the Mavs playing poorer offense than the Bulls did. They are going to make the Heat superfriends spend some energy on the defensive end.

Defensively, Marion and Kidd can slow down LeBron and Wade. Dallas may not play as good team defense as the Bulls. But they do have some pretty good defensive players, and Carlisle isn't too shabby at coaching defense.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

That's because of Bulls' snail pace. Noah has a offensive rebound % of 15.0% while Chandler has 14.9% for this post season. During the regular season, Noah's was 13.9% and Chandler's was 12.2%.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

that right there is what I call "an extreme overexaggeration to the 10th power" (kinda like that).........Dirk cannot just simply shoot over the top of Lebron..... You really think its that easy for Dirk dont you??....Lebron would lock Dirk down(for short important stretches only)....

12. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

You are counting the perfect scenario for Miami. Dallas is not Chicago. I expect most games to be around 100s. Miami's offense is too much IOs and very predictable. Sure they would great good defense, but they need points if they want to beat Dallas. If either James or Wade struggle (i expect Wade to struggle more often), they will be in trouble.

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Exactly. Miami got an easy match up with Bulls where they don't have much offensive options, and they would just shut down Rose. In this series, the roles are reversed on offense. Dallas got too much offensive options and Miami heat is quite limited in comparison.

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

So you agree that LeBron cannot be spend too much time defending Dirk right? Maimi's offense would be in big trouble if he hid.

I agree that LeBron would be a very effective defender on Dirk, limiting his dribble to the basket. But I highly doubt that LeBron could just lock Dirk down. How do you lock down a 7-footer who shoots one-legged fade-away jumpers?

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I am making a very bold prediction.

Either Peja Stojakovic or Mike Bibby will win a ring this year.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

After this postseason, especially this series, this has to stop. Bosh is legit and has stopped playing like Christina Bosh. Dirk is going to have a tough time guarding him (and vice versa). And Wade sucks for three quarters, but turns into D-WADE in the fourth. That's scary ****. And LeBron can go off whenever. Heat are too strong.

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Bosh is long, quick, who has some similar to Dirk game, so he should be able to slow Dirk down by himself. Heats have a home court, and Wade (Mav. killer), so I think Heats will win this one.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

as long as kidd is on the floor moreso than barea, dallas' offense won't be as explosive. advantage miami again. if barea is on the court, wade will most likely play 40+ minutes so he'll have a huge advantage again.

dallas does know how to execute, but against the best defenses?? miami has done it vs #1 and #2 defense.

stats don't agree with me? chicago was the #1 rebounding team by a HUGE margin, and they were the best offensive rebounding team. that was how they win games in general.

chicago, i repeat, led the rebounding during the reg season by 5.5. that was called ABSOLUTE DOMINANCE. they outrebounded their opponents by 6 in the playoffs. dallas GETS OUTREBOUNDED BY 2 in the playoff. what have you been watching? or you haven't have you?

lebron and wade have been settling for jumpers b/c they both have faced THE 2 BEST DEFENSES IN THE L. i don't know how many times i have to repeat that? they went to the line at will vs the sixers.

yes, let's make a wager on that. bron and wade WILL BOTH shoot 50% for the series. let's do a $10 wager.

the bulls are a different team from dallas. bulls have a guy who can break down the paint at will off of the pick and roll and was arguably a top 3 finisher around the rim. their defense was predicated on stopping his penetration and daring their shooters (which they don't have many) to score. that was the gameplan.

dallas CAN shoot from 3s, everyone and their moms know that. so expect the heat to try to stay on the shooters and daring them to beat them off the dribble.

the playoffs isn't about playing the same way. you play different teams, you have different game plans. the heat will defend the mavs differently than how they defended the bulls.

stevenson choked vs lebron when he was with the wiz. lebron was in his head. let's say stevenson won't do anything to lebron james.

if haslem can stop the energy of the bulls by himself, i won't worry about a shawn marion.

now do you want to wager on the series? i have the heat winning the finals. let's put a wager on that.

19. t_mac1

dallas averages 38 rebounds in the postseason, gets outrebounded by 2 as a whole.

chicago averages 44 rebounds a game, outrebounds their opponents by 6 as a whole.

watch how noah plays. he creates offensive rebounds for his team by his presence alone. the guy is a tipping machine if he doesn't rebound. he IS a top 2 offensive rebounder in the L, if not the best.

20. t_mac1

the thing is, dirk isn't a derrick rose that wears you down. dirk is an isolation player, and those types of guys don't "waste too much energy" since they don't run all over the court or go through a bajillion screens. so expect lebron to be on dirk much more than rose.

if bron guarded rose for a half a game, he would probably 3 gallons of gatorade.

wade has been horrible, and if he keeps playing this way, dallas could win this series. but wade has been guarded by bogans/brewer and the #1 defense in the L. many said the bulls were one of the best defenses of all time and they did play like that. dallas is NOT on the bulls' level defensively.

lebron is 6'9 and he has crazy length. his lateral movement is superb so we'll see how dirk takes those shots when he can't get to his spots. remember, dirk likes to take a few dribbles to get to his spots and then take his jumper. those PFs did not have the lateral movement to stay with dirk; lebron will.