1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rose is not a super Star. Revoke his MVP now.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by noize, May 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

I dont agree that the mvp should be the best player but they should change how they vote. I was fine with Rose getting it this year but there have been some bad choices in the past (ex Nash winning twice). Someone mentioned how Bulls offense wasnt that great but without him they have no consistent offense. Instead of averaging the 98 per game they would be in the low 90s.

Rose getting owned this bad will only make him better. Watch in two years he will have an amazing outside game to counter these double/triple teams. He already took a big step from last year but he can still get a lot better.

Bulls played great D but the Heat were able to close out games cause James and Wade, for one game, were able to hit outside shots. No need to hate on Rose for trying/forced to do everything.

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Knee jerk???

3. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Miami focused on defending rose and figuring out how to stop him in the playoffs. So you can't say that rose should be stripped of his mvp?

Wat about kobe 4-0 against dallas. So his superstar name should be taken off then ?

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

He won't be heard of as an MVP candidate again, not after the David Robinson stunt he pulled. I hope all those guys who rooted for him over the statistically superior, more valuable to his team, elevated his game more and just generally all around better player Dwight Howard know how stupid they are now.

Only 3 MVP players this season: DH, Dirk, LBJ/Wade.

For the knee-jerk reactions, I don't how its a knee-jerk, LBJ will always make Rose his b**** every time they play against each other. Every single damn time.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know... ask David Robinson.

Personally I think Rose was a top 5 player this year, but not as good as LeBron... but I also understand that the NBA MVP is political.

I am surprised Rose did as poorly as he did against Miami. I expected his fg% would probably go down, that isn't what bothered me, it was the poor decision making....

He is still a superstar and love his ability... but he shouldn't get a pass.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'd take Rose on the Rockets...

Rose had no dependable second option this whole series and he is 22 YEARS OLD. He will get better and the Bulls along with Thunder and of couse Heat are the future of the NBA.

I do think signing Boozer may turn out to be a HUGE mistake but one that looked logical when it was made.

1 person likes this.
  7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Boozer has been absolute crap.

He was supposed to be a legitimate second option (and he would be if he played the way he played against us).

Boozer is crap on defense, and now crap on offense. He is good for nothing.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If his career ended today it would be tragic but they would take into account what he did during his playing career.

The Basketball HOF is not extra difficult to get in, being the MVP for one season is enough since the HOF mainly takes into account how good you are in your era. Being the MVP is the highest individual accolade any player can get.

9. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Hop of Lebron's nuts for a second. If Jordan couldnt win MVP every year he played than Lebron wont. Dwight got owned by the same team that lost to the Bulls. Dirk wasnt going to win it. He only separated himself in the playoffs.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

The MVP is a regular season award for who they feel was the most valuable player for the regular season

What does tested or experience have to do with that?

11. langal

langal Contributing Member

Right on. All those ppl who say Rose deserved it would trade him for Lebron in a heartbeat.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

If I didn't know any better I would think Rose and Chicago lost in the 1st round of the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

By teaming up with Wade, LeBron took his name out of the running for the MVP award.

Let it go.

14. Mr. Space City

people don't seem to understand that MVP is a regular season award

people don't seem to understand that the rose they saw in the playoffs was not the rose during the regular season.

people don't seem to understand that rose was the only player in the league top 10 in ppg and assist

people don't seem to understand that rose was winning with boozer and noah out for a bulk of the season and still lead them to the best record n the league.

people don't seem to understand that rose hit big clutch shots for the bulls during the regular season

2 people like this.
  15. Thoughtless

Thoughtless Member

He is 22 years old.

Did he have a good series? Not really but you have to take your hits before you move forward. The WCF was a learning experience for all these young players (Rose, Durant, Westbrook). This was the first time these players made it this far. You can't always succeed in your first few trips or so.

Maybe it was the expectations people had in Rose and/or the Bulls that makes this loss more surprising. Maybe it was the fact that Rose did not play to his personal standards but this happens.

Again. 22 years old. First time reaching the WCF. First season for Thibs as a Bulls Head coach. They had a good run. They will learn and try to fill up the holes that everyone knew they had (lack or scoring from starting 5 and bench).

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

people don't seem to understand that everything you just said was spot on.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Heat dominate the East. D. Rose's life has no meaning!

18. amaru

amaru Member

Somebody should just shoot him

:rolleyes:

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They are more likely to hit than Rose did against the Heat!

It's time to revoke his human rights NOW!!!

20. amaru

amaru Member

Amen brother!