1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rose is not a super Star. Revoke his MVP now.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by noize, May 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. noize

noize Contributing Member

Wow he just gave the game away to Miami. Heck he gave the series away. He is on the same level as Russel Westbrook and I feel dirty for rootin for this guy in the regular season as the MVP. I'm willing to bet he is a one hit wonder and no one will ever hear from him again and the lock-out season doesn't help his cause. But thanks you Rose, I just won my $250 dollar.

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The entire Miami Heat offense was focused on Rose. That has been Chicago's problem all season long.

If you have Lebron and Wade guarding you constantly you ARE going to have trouble scoring.

Too bad they lost Asik, he would've helped out a lot on the defensive end. Also, if they had pulled the trigger on Asik for Lee, that too would've opened up more offensive options for the Bulls.

4. Mr. Space City

he was guarded by the est defensive sf in the league.

doesn't excuse that missed free throw smh

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

One hit wonder and wont be heard from again? Thanks for the laugh!

Rose aint a superstar, trade his ass! He sucks! Durant aint a superstar! Trade his ass too! He's just as bad!

Look at all these fools gold players we got!

6. Mr. Space City

7. amaru

amaru Member

MVP is a regular season award

/thread

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

:confused:

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

damn Steve Kerr just compared LeBron vs Rose to Dream vs Robinson!

Miami concentrated their D on him and he didn't get enough help.

No Robert Horry or Sam Cassell to help Rose

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

man he has been awful throughout the series, especially the 4th

I can't believe he choked so much, not only that, James owned him like a kid

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I've heard of knee jerk reactions, but damn! Lol at you thinking D Rose sucks because he couldn't dominate the big 3 by himself. In case you missed the last 6 months, the Heat are a top 5 defensive team. Double and tripple teaming him shows you how much the Heat respect him.

1 person likes this.
  12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

He had Bibby and Chalmers primarily guarding him in periods 1-3. He didn't exactly light them up.

LeBron and Wade guarded him in the 4th.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Writers/voters decided it was Rose' turn to get the MVP after about 70 games and the Bulls clinched best record, and the meme got some traction.... it's really actually not his fault they're lazy and glom onto the first trend they see

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He also had Lebron and Wade helping out on the double team and switching.

Like I said, when the entire defense is focused on you and you have Lebron and Wade coming after you, scoring tends to be difficult.

15. PeppermintCandy

Some day, a rich owner like Cuban is going to bring together all these fool's god all-stars and lead them to the promised land.

16. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

Basically. I hate how the unthinking voters equate MVP with "star on the team with the best record" as if teammates don't matter. MVP should be best player, period.

And even if you want to argue that "most valuable" means "most indispensable to your team's winning"....there are stats for that like plus/minus. Even plus/minus didn't have Rose as the best player in the league.

The way the bandwagon was talking, Rose was absolutely carrying the bulls to their league-best record. Yet the stats show that the Bulls were a fairly average offensive team, and won a lot based on their team defense. Somehow, I doubt a lone PG was responsible for that.

Hollinger even wrote up an article on this, saying that the voters would go for the "best story" instead of the best player. That this was on the level of Iverson going over Shaq, and other MVP travesties of the past.

1 person likes this.
  17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

rose is a superstar.

18. Steve_Francis_rules

Now that Rose has cost his team two consecutive games in the conference finals because of missed free throws, is he going to be widely labeled a choker?

19. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

He's a great player...but the NBA was too eager to name him MVP. He wasn't tested or experienced enough. Is he the youngest MVP? I'm curious.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So a Hall of Fame player is not a superstar?

Just want to know that is what you are saying. Every MVP player goes into the HOF, the MVP award is a regular season award.