1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sarah Palin Presents: Mein Kampf, the Featured Film

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, May 25, 2011.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member

The answer to both of these questions is the same.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I heard there was some naked ambition in several scenes.

3. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

" Nude Scenes" "Naked Ambition"

Wow. These progressives don't really sound that progressive when its a minority or woman that doesn't agree with their politics.

I'm not a fan of hers but the sexual innuendo and photoshopped pictures etc. is pretty low. Because she is a not un-attractive woman, she needs to be constantly subjected to sexual jeers and taunts?

You guys are just as bad as the right wing crazies that call Obama a monkey.

4. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

indeed.
    [​IMG]

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

that's funny because if sarah palin wasn't attractive, there's no way she'd be newsworthy. it's not like you see a bunch of sharon angle talk these days. it's because she's bat**** crazy AND ugly.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I see yer point, but where are the photoshopped pictures in this thread? We have the board-legacy Michael Keaton joke (not sexy in the least, but funny.) We have a reference to mystery science theater (again, no sexual innuendo present), and then someone posted a sneak peak of the movie via hannity.

thadeus is the thadeus, but otherwise your point rings hollow in this particular thread. Extra points for moral outrage and playing the hypocrite card though -- it is a D&D staple that I myself love to employ. :)

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Not exactly.

What else does Sarah Palin have? She isn't smart, knowledgeable, creative, accomplished or anything other than attractive(for a politician).

Obama on the other hand has a lot going on for him other than his race. So it is different. Not that either one is justified, just that they aren't the same.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

bingo

9. durvasa

durvasa Member

I'm not saying its totally appropriate, but Palin's ascent politically had a lot to do with her looks and "sex appeal". And its very common for celebrities -- and liberals don't view her as a serious candidate, but just a celebrity -- to be reduced to sexual objects. See the Hangout for more examples.

You really think that's as bad as calling Obama a monkey? I don't agree, but maybe a female member on the board can speak up about it.

10. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

No, it's because she was thrust into the national spotlight based solely on her gender and her photogenic nature, with little regard to actual governance, intelligence, and experience (or lack thereof). The GOP wanted a telegenic woman on the ticket, and they get the negatives that come along with that: snarky comments about her looks and basic MILFy status.

Right. Because slurs that reduce an entire race of humans to animal status, all while dredging up 240+ years of government-supported oppression and revealing the underlying general lack of racial equality are exactly the same as commenting on how hot a woman is. :rolleyes:

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i agree we're being sexist. we're saying sarah palin has no value other than her looks. and that is reducing the value of a woman, maybe not as bad as racism but women have had to deal with sexism longer than even the history of this country.

unfortunately the truth is sarah wouldn't still be here without her looks.

12. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

To me, it's not the same. To say that a woman is sexy, to say you want to "do her", etc. is not saying she is unintelligent, not saying she isn't "valued" in any other way, and definitely not saying she's inhuman. The "monkey" comments say all that, and MORE. I'm not saying sexist comments are right or even "good", but the two aren't even comparable, especially in this instance.

Which is why, in her case in particular, the comments are more than justified. She is to govt what Anna Kournikova is to tennis.

13. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

my, the linguistic and moral hoops liberals are wiling to leap through to justify the basest sort of sexism is truly astonishing. no wonder DSK got away with it for so long.

14. thadeus

thadeus Member

Like you don't want to **** Sarah Palin.

15. conquistador#11

What's so bad about the title of the thread? It just means my battle or my struggle? It could be the autobiography for Gary Kubiak one day... "My battle. My kids." An improbable run to glory by the 2011 Texans.

Oh yeah, the Palin movie. I'll more than likely watch. I'll give any film a chance, good or bad.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

basso just a couple of days ago

The joke takes a certain urbane sophistication, and an appreciation for hot conservative women (redundant, i know), both of which you lack

I learned by watching you alright, i learned it by watching you

conservatives who are sexist, have liberals who are sexist

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Early buzz with film history buffs is that this movie is a modern day "Birth of a Nation."

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

19. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

of course i do. but calling a woman hot, and calling her a slut, are two profoundly different things.

20. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

"Ed Schultz has been suspended from MSNBC for calling conservative talk show host Laura Ingraham a "right wing slut" on his syndicated radio show."

It continues.

1 person likes this.