1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Sep 4, 2010.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yes Man - $97,000,000
    A Christmas Carol - $137,000,000
    Horton Hears a Who - $154,000,000

Yep, his movies flop....

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I thought maybe they would reveal it at the tail end so that everyone would tune in next season to see how it works out with the new boss. But I guess they wanted the cliff- hanger ending.

I think it will be Darryl or Andy, but I'm also thinking maybe they haven't fully decided yet. They could just pick up where they left off with that episode and interview someone totally new that they find and hire them.

3. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Not bad, could've been better.

Loved the bits with Creed, would love to see Creed get a bigger role but not too big. The guy is gold.

Spader was the greatest candidate of all time.

Dwight was good, Gabe was funny when interviewing Andy.

My favorite line of the night came via Ryan:

"Little advice. Take a day off from the whole Jim schtick. Try caring about something. You might like how it feels...James."

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...Spader was awesome...Maybe its me, but this feels like a set-up for Jim to get the job...I know, but still...

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's exactly what I was thinking. I think he's going to be given an ultimatum to take the job and they'll replace his sales position.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Thought the finale was great, the opening with Creed was classic. "Leave it running..." :grin:

I'm glad everyone dug Spader. As soon as it was announced that he would be in the finale, I said he would be perfect. His interview was even better than I thought it would be. Such a smug, condescending d-bag. He would be PERFECT. Hopefully the producers will listen to the fans and go with him. I've always been a fan of his.

I loved it when Gabe left. Everyone was like "catch you later" and then quickly got back to the conversation. That was it. That might have been the funniest part of the episode for me.

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

It's going to be Catherine Tate. (the weird English lady)

Nobody else can really do it, and she was the person we are least familiar with in terms of cameos.

Why would they do that unless it was going to be her?

8. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Also very confused and interested to see what they do with the new girl....assistant to the manager....seems sort of a waste so far, but hey who knows. She doesn't say much, doesn't do much, seems like just a random college girl who's happy to have a job but also seems like she's a pothead because she just sits there and does nothing.

Maybe that's Phyllis's daughter? Still trying to figure out why she got added to the lineup.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm also not sure why Jo would mention her as a friend if that did not mean something

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Isn't she on Doctor Who or something? Same production studio (BBC) that made the original Office series. That's the only connection I can see.

11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I really liked the last episodes. I wish they went further with blackmailing Dwight.

I didn't understand why Jim Carrey didn't get an interview scene. What's the point of that? Is it possible that he will be the replacement??

12. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I want Andy to get the job. He is a self proclaimed terrible salesman anyways so the manager job would be perfect for him. He's got that personality that would keep the office atmosphere similar to the one Michael Scott created which is important for the show. He would've nailed that interview had Gabe not gone crazy on him.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

That was so awesome, along with him closing the door to his office/closet.

14. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Forgot her name but I googled her to see what her background was and apparently she's the daughter of either an NBC guy or an Office producer.

She didn't have much of a background. Not like Ellie Kemper whom I'll never forget as the BJ girl.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I like Jim Carrey but I'm going to nitpick and say his Irish accent annoyed the heck out of me. Also he's too busy making big bucks off his movies, no way he will stick around for a last season of a show. Will Arnett is also out since his new show is about to start on NBC.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Irish accent?

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

or his NY accent, whatever it was

18. Rockets_4_life

This!

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Andy wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of being the boss. Remember, he has anger management issues.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Definately
    Been a Fan of his since The Practice and Boston Legal
    ok . . .I'll admit it. . . Since Stargate. . . maybe longer :D

His interview was so funny and I could see him 'creeping' everyone out in the office
    [I could see him having Creed has his best friend in the office or something]

Rocket River