1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thunder veteran says "Westbrook thinks he's better than Durant"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, May 22, 2011.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Does this really surprise anyone?

I think there's at least two (usually more) players on almost every team in the NBA who think they're the best player on the team. I also think there are at least 20 players in the league who probably believe they're the best player in the league.

Westbrook is one of the more obvious guys when it comes to figuring out who has egos that don't match their talent level.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing...and we all know how that ended...

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Up until Westbrook blows up because he doesn't get enough touches.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Minus the talent. Westbrook is definitely not an all-star that's for sure. Dude can jump, but he's very very inconsistent. More so than... Franchise.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

So what did I say that was wrong? Good job making a case. You must be one of those Kevin Durant dick riders

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

He made the all-star team so how is he not an all-star?

7. buffalobills!!!

Westbrook has no brain

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I know I shouldn't interfere with the "read thread title, bash Westbrook" fun, but did anyone else read to the end of the article/post from the blog?

That shocked me. Okay, Durant scores a lot of points, but to be double the Kidd-to-Dirk level? Maybe if you break that down per-game it's not as impressive, since Dallas swept LA while OKC went 7 with the Grizz.

It's still a very good number of direct assists for someone who supposedly is just looking out for himself.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Especially for a nameless "veteran".

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Perfectly fine.

Kobe thought he was better than Shaq.

Pippen thought he was at least as good as Jordan.

I doubt Wade thinks Lebron is better than him.

I'm sure Stockton thought he was better than Malone and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure every duo has this mentality. That they are the star of the team.

I'm also sure that Lowry always thought he was better than Brooks.

The only problem is if Westbrook is jealous of Durant's popularity and that Durant is a bigger name than him. that would be a problem. Confidence is huge in Bball though, if Bosh thought he was not the 3rd wheel but instead the best player on the Heat they would be truly unstoppable.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Westbrook for CP3 trade will just make OKC that much more dangerous this offseason.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They could have won a lot more titles together if they could check their egos.

That's just not true.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That is a very intriguing trade, but I am not sure I would give up on Wesbrook just yet. He is very young, and is already a star in this league. He can't shoot worth a lick, but so was Lowry's weakest defficienty until last year's breakout.

In open court, there are not many too many players as good as Wesbrook and it is just a matter of time until he figures out the half-court setups.

Most important, Wesbrook plays with an edge, an emotion that was often missed in Tracy McGrady.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes it is. Scottie said himself that he was a more all-around player than Jordan, so he at least thought he was as good if not better than Jordan. When he said that the comments were pretty popular then. He also said he was the one making his teammates better.

Seems to me he thought he was equal to if not better than Jordan. There is nothing wrong with that, especially with how great a player Pippen was in his own right.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Don't bother posting the good stuff about a player. This is Clutchfans, why the negatives are accentuated to the max. lol

16. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

My point was they are probably the best scorers on the team but they still look to get their team involved.

I know Westbrook is not a true PG but even if you consider him a SG its still doesnt change my point. The Heat and Celtics proved you can swallow your ego for the better of the team.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

He made it, but does he deserve it? He shoots a lot of shots to get a decent amount of points.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Think of it this way: Who else does he have to pass to? Nobody. He's forced to feed it to franchise star Durant.
    Whereas Rondo and Kidd have a multitude of players who can score the ball.

19. BleedRocketsRed

OMG actual logic :eek:

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Do you have a link for the quote? It has been a pretty well known fact that Jordan was the only player Pippen would defer to and Jordan was the only reason Pippen's stinking attitude did not become cancerous in Chicago.