1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coming to Houston......

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, May 18, 2011.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

OK, I saw other posts stating that I should mention what food types and things like that.

We're not really looking for Mexican and we want a place where entrées are $30 or less. Thanks for the Mexican suggestions though as we might still try one out.

More questions about flying with Southwest. When you do check-in at 24 hours before your flight online, are you basically assigned a boarding number then or when are actually get to the ticket counter? I've read multiple reviews of the Early-Bird Check-In and it appears to be mixed, some people say it is worth and others say that it is not. My family has booked 21 seats on this flight so I am thinking that we have a pretty good shot at getting a selection of seats as long as we check in online early.

Harrisment, I have heard about Treasures plenty on this board and I am interested in that one the most. My uncle is intent on going to one that is fully nude, is it? Now my sister actually wants to go too. :grin:

We're staying in Pasadena at an aunt's house but the wedding is in Porter. We'll get there Thursday evening and have Friday free and the wedding is Saturday but we'll have a lot of that day free too. We leave on Sunday. As you can see, we're trying to squeeze a lot in our short time there. :)

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Oh God I wouldn't go into one of the all nude ones. Those are 18+ and they are BYOB - they don't sell alcohol at these establishments. Those are the dirtier places around town. Hell any strip club is dirty, but you'll run into some shady ass characters if you go to one of those all nude spots. That would be the last place I'd recommend someone go that is visiting our city, unless they are looking to score some meth.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lil Pun

Thanks for the heads up!

4. Lil Pun

We have family in Pasadena and Clear Lake which are not far apart. The wedding is in Porter. We will be staying with family to save money and have more visit time.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Uh...I'm pretty sure there are no strip joints in Porter....and there's a damn good reason for that....which you will no doubt discover as soon as you get there...

If you're looking for a really good burger joint, on the other hand, you should stop by Pete's. 59N, exit 1314, right on 1314, right on 494. Get the bacon cheeseburger with onion pedals. Thank me later.

6. Lil Pun

Hmmmm, is Porter like my hometown? lol

I'll keep that in mind. Isn't there a sandwich place that people on this BBS go gaga for?

7. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Analyzing tactical data and other schematics, here is a top secret map containing directions/location of The Galleria

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

It's a little pricey, but you won't find another mall/shopping center in Houston like it (even though Memorial City is really nice too).

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah Porter kind of has the reputation as being somewhat white trash/trailer park. I've only been out there once so I can't say whether or not that is a fair description.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well, yes, Arkansas and Porter probably share many similarities.

As far as your last question about Southwest goes...

The Early Bird is not worth it. If you check in right at 24 hours from the flight, you're not going to get any worse that a B group...which still will give you at least a choice of a window or aisle.

1 person likes this.
  10. Lil Pun

So we are assigned are spots once we do online check in, right?? So as long as I do that, it doesn't matter when I show up at the airport because my spot in line is reserved, correct?

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

This is correct, just make sure you are on your computer checking in at exactly 24 hrs before your flight to get the best boarding pass number. You can then print out your boarding pass and take it with you. And yes, it doesn't matter when you show up at the airport. They will announce over the loud speaker when it is time for everyone to line up to board the plane, usually about 20 minutes or so before the flight is scheduled to leave.

1 person likes this.
  12. Lil Pun

Thanks again for all the info. Repped where I could. :)

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just remember, don't fall for the purse on a string trick in the big city.

14. Lil Pun

I'll be sure not to. ;)

Hey, is Babin's still open in Kemah? I really liked that place when we went there during our last trip.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

According to their web site they are. When we go to Kemah we usually head to Landry's for the seafood stuffed jalepenos.

1 person likes this.
  16. Lil Pun

It's been a while since we hit up a Landry's. May have to do that. :) Thanks!

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Come to the Westchase area, there is a sweet Food Town market on the corner of Briar Forest and Wilcrest.

18. Lil Pun

Once we have done online check-in our boarding number is saved. Do we need to print the boarding passes out or will they do that at the airport? We already have to fill out boarding documentation for my daughter so if they can do it there I'd just rather wait instead of going to look for a printer.:)

Sorry for the questions, it's been a while.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

landry's and babin's both have outstanding happy hours.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

low income????? :confused: