1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C'mon Les... time to admit you screwed up..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, May 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm ok without the originals retros.

I'm for the alternates becoming permanent though.

2. Garner

Garner Member

White people do not wear it well.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You get history from having success and winning championships. Unfortunately, Les decided to sell more jerseys after our championships instead of building the brand. When they unveiled our current crappy logo (which succeeded our former crappy logo), they talked about making it a time-piece that lasted through the eras. They already had a brand that could do that -- the 94 Rockets logo -- but they pissed it away for short-term profits.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't really understand how our championship jerseys are overrated.

I agree with those who say at least make the alternates our regulars. Those are sick.

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

they should at the very least change the shape. I hate the shape of our current unis

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

NO NO NO!!

The Rockets are RED. No more blue with pinstripes. No black. That's all been done by other franchises.

I want my Rockets RED. I was thrilled when they went back to red from the crappy ass blue they had before....I'd be even more thrilled if they went back to the championship RED i knew before.

7. rocket43

rocket43 Member

still liking these

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    It would take Lakers/Celtics levels of success to make this an iconic brand - this doesn't really have much going for it of interest (other than the dumb "e" and "t"). To complicated to be universal, too simple to be interesting. The R is at least simple and memorable.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

really? cuz that's a shopped' jersey.

plus the league won't allow any more black jerseys, it's been brought up numerous times.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I just don't like the cut of our current jersey at all. The color and font isn't such a big deal though of course I'll take the classics back.

11. lean

lean Member

I agree, also the Astros should go back to the 80s unis too. Totally serious.

12. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

I keep seeing people on this board state that as a fact, but now how come the Magic and Wolves got their black alternates back again then?

13. Roxs-Redemption

The Away jersey look to much like Heats and the Alternate jersey with white strips of the boundary instead of black..But I love the Houston/Rockets across the front of the jerseys

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The alt unis look too much like the Lakers.

15. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

You could not be more wrong on this issue, and I think Le$ subscribes exactly to your way of thinking.

The notion that the old Rockets Ketchup and Mustard is a discardable dated artifact of the 1970's is exactly what is wrong with the Rockets culture - people like Mike Newlin, Rudy Tomjanovich (the player), Joe Meriwether, Moses Malone, Calvin Murphy used to play in Hoffeinz Pavillion to 2000 people on a good night. They busted their asses in those uniforms, as an expansion team, wearing Chuck Taylors, getting paid comparitive Jack Squat in the 1970s. By 1977, they went to the conference finals. By 1981, they were in the NBA finals.

Its not the Lakers or Celtics history. Its the ROCKETS history. Those jolts of greatness that surged through the franchise - 1977, 1981, 1986 - came to bear fruit in the 1990s. All of that was done in those uniforms. Switching to these generic pieces of Adobe Illustrator mediocrity - after the blue uniform debacle - is not an improvement in any way shape or form. We need to get some sense of ourselves again - basketball wise, fanbase wise, and yes, uniform-wise.

2 people like this.
  16. erimanila

erimanila Member

Seriously?

I think we have a lot more problems to worry about rather than our jerseys.

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Going back to retros just for the sake of going back to retros is a stupid idea, they should get some proper designers and only go back to the retros if they can't come up with anything good.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

what is this? the limited edition whiz khalifa edition rockets jersey?

19. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

^^^^

+1
    That was beautiful.
    Pass me some tissue.