1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernard Hopkins rips Donovan McNabb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, May 11, 2011.

1. da1

da1 Member

Bernard Hopkins rips Donovan McNabb
    ESPN.com news services

Boxer Bernard Hopkins, a Philadelphia Eagles fan, has ripped Donovan McNabb before. On Tuesday, he took his apparent disdain for the quarterback to another level.

Hopkins, in Philadelphia for his May 21 fight against Jean Pascal, invited reporters to watch him train Tuesday and decided to take additional verbal jabs at McNabb and even implied that the Washington Redskins quarterback wasn't black enough.

"Forget this," Hopkins said, according to the Philadelphia Daily News, and pointed to his own skin. "He's got a suntan. That's all."

According to Hopkins, McNabb had a privileged upbringing in Chicago and isn't as tough as himself, current Eagles quarterback Michael Vick or Cincinnati Bengals receiver Terrell Owens, who famously had a falling out with McNabb before being released by Philadelphia in 2006. Hopkins said Tuesday that McNabb and Owens essentially didn't speak the same language.

"T.O. got [into] the boardroom and saw the way they talked to McNabb. Coming from where he [came from] -- that's strange to some white people, when a black man speaks," Hopkins said, according to the Daily News. He said Owens "[wasn't] used to this language. [He's] used to speaking up.' "

Hopkins said that is why McNabb felt a sense of betrayal when he was traded by the Eagles to the Redskins before last season.

"Why do you think McNabb felt he was betrayed? Because McNabb is the guy in the house, while everybody else is on the field. He's the one who got the extra coat. The extra servings. 'You're our boy,' " Hopkins said, according to the Daily News, and patted a member of the media on the back to illustrate his point. "He thought he was one of them."

When contacted by the Daily News, McNabb's publicist said the quarterback would not have a comment.

While he questioned McNabb's mettle, Hopkins didn't take a shot at McNabb's integrity.

"Nice guy. I'd trust him around my kids," Hopkins said, according to the Daily News.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6526881

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

3. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously? Stupid.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So Hopkins thinks he is akin to the slaves in the field and McNabb is akin to the favored house servant?

Stupid.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm not really sure what the point is but, what the hell is he still doing boxing?

7. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Very stupid. So because McNabb had a good upbringing, hasn't been to prison, has a little respect for those around him, etc. he isn't black enough or touch enough. Give me a ****ing break! :rolleyes: This isn't just a problem here either, it is a big problem within the black community.

1 person likes this.
  9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Black people only come from the ghetto, and it is a requirement that they are arrogant, rude and use poor English. :rolleyes:

Why some black people want to bring other black people down for being middle/upper class is beyond me.

10. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

So to be truly black, you have to have a bad upbringing and talk ghetto?

F'in stupid.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

McNabb has no street cred. He's basically a house *****. Yes, masta, no masta.

12. justtxyank

I won't pretend to know you, but other than celebrities (athletes, rappers, movie stars, etc) I've never known a successful person who cared about "street cred." "Street cred" seems to be the comfort of losers.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

How does this qualify as news? Who f***ing cares what Hopkins thinks about anything unrelated to boxing? Besides the fact that his reasoning is incredibly stupid, this is completely pointless.

14. da1

da1 Member

It's kind of funny if you take it for what it is. Hopkins is a clown.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

all you trick azz bustas jus h8tn and he keepn it reel.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL! :grin: I can't wait to see Otro Hermano hit the stage with this.

18. Nook

Nook Member

I don't get it... He went to high school with Antoine Walker ... I believe Simeon Rice and a few others went there as well. It isn't really a rich kids school or upbringing... very much inner city Chicago area...

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why does McNabb have so many people that just hate him? He seems like a nice guy -- I don't get it.

20. justtxyank

I'm not sure why it matters.