1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports Scene

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by macho GRANDE, May 8, 2011.

1. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

I was recently talking with a friend of mine in the Twin Cities and he mentioned how all four of their teams were garbage. That got me to thinking bout our Houston area teams and their current status. I don't recall a time not having at least one of our teams having serious title aspirations. And I've been rooting for the hometown teams since Bud drafted Earl. Texans and Rockets stuck on the treadmill while the Stros finally gave up and decided to rebuild. This sux.

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

The Aeros are in the playoffs

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its been like this since 2006.

The Rockets haven't been legit contenders since that year, the Astros fell off after the World Series sweep, and the Texans... while having the most "promise" of the three teams lately, have yet to live up to it.

The Texans are still the closest to turning it around... especially if the defense improves as much as they think it will with the draft and Wade.

And I guess your Minnesota friend forgets that the Vikings were a missed FG away from going to the Super Bowl just two years ago, and his Twins were just in the playoffs.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Somebody will call the Texans title contenders this year. Guaranteed.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mel Kiper:p

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They will goto the playoffs!

Rocket River

7. macho GRANDE

Agreed but up until this year there was still the Yao and/or TMac hype machine keeping the Rocket relevant. Since Luv Ya Blue we've always had hope in some form. From Earl to Nolan to Calvin to Phi Slama to Twin Towers to Mike Scott to Run N Shoot to Killer Bs to RINGS to the Big Unit to Stevie Franchise to Yao to Clemens to TMac to............nothin. And yeah, my buddy doesnt realize how good he's had it recently. The Twins are always in the postseason.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

the Dynamo are probably title contenders despite their recent skid

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Most people saw through the "hype" and realized that Yao/T-mac was done after he broke his foot the first time.

10. macho GRANDE

Yeah but we still were receiving national attention and were relevant. Now our entire city is an afterthought regardless of sport or season. To make matters worse Dallas is rollin with the Rangers and Mavs making postseason runs. No need to mention Jerry's boys dominating the market even in a down year or two......or twenty. Not sure about the Stars. Where's my hope?? It can't rest with Kubes and The Gang can it? I need a shot of Crown all of a sudden.