1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

its time to say im sorry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, May 4, 2011.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This. Let's not forget it was Les that almost took the rockets away from Houston. The only good decision Les has made was the Drexler trade in his second season. In the rest of the time here, he has subjected us to ugly uniforms, bad trades, ugly contracts, and running off two rocket legends.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

three...he fired and never re-hired back and innocent Calvin. He never wanted Calvin. f*ff*ing NY bastid. I'm so pissed at Les right now. I can't believe guys like Clutch and BimaThug are defending this guy. He is Bud Adams all over again.

1 person likes this.
  3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ocv5WdBmSok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I thought this thread would be you apologizing for making all your threads about Adelman.

5. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

haters...no problem. i get it! you dont like to hear me espouse about a hall of fame coach. you dont want like to hear me express my desire for them to come together for the good of the rockets, houston fans and in general mankind itself.

i get it! but im not going anywhere because i am dead red! i be lovin my rockets people and no matter how silly you guys are in your criticism of me, no problem...i get it! just hating. hope your days are going better than your posts!

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We get it, you love Rick Adelman. Thanks for your opinion but just like any break up, it's time to move on and go out or sit at home drinking your 2 dollar bills away.

1 person likes this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The two have gone their separate paths and are not going to reconcile. Your ranting is just silly and makes you look like a bitter person who can't let go of the past. There were many who actually wanted RA ousted before he was let go. Hell I was one of them and still am one of them. Your coach is gone. Either move on or move on to the forums of the next team he coaches.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Right on. You aren't alone. I don't know if Clutch and BimaThug are actually defending Alexander so much as "defending" Morey's role in this, and Alexander hasn't reached Bud Adams territory (Adams stands alone, the prick). At least, not yet. He has a ways to go, IMO.

9. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Yup yup. Les has been less than ideal in the post-Hakeem era. Still an owner committed to winning, but the personnel decisions he makes are baffling more times than not. The difference between Les and Bob is that Les at least has 2 championships and makes questionable team decisions, whereas Bob just makes questionable decisions :)

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

This thread confuses me. Since when did Les Alexander become our GM and become directly responsible for trades and/or contracts given out?

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You don't think Les has a significant role in personel/player decisions? Hell, if only he didn't!

12. vince

vince Member

Adelman is a Championship level coach. He's a player's coach. He nurtures and gets the best out of his players. He's been loyal and he gets every bit of production out of the guys he has on his team. Look at the stats, he squeezes production where there appears to be less. Players consistently play at a top level for Adelman - the proof is in the pudding (same player different team, usually has decreased production (FG%, points, rebounds, etc.))

However, with a subpar team, and a GM looking every which way to improve the talent; then there is a philosophical break down.

Morey is busy concentrating on building and improving the talent stock of the team. Adelman is coaching his guys (building rapport) - and in order for him to succeed, he need all the roster shuffling to come to an end.

It's a tough situation to be in. Really it is, as a fan it's a wedge to identify which way is better. Loyalty with sub-par talent, or cold hard truth that talent is the way to go.

Both systems work. Adelman has gotten more out of his teams than a lot of people would have thought. And on the same token, Morey has infused the Rockets with a solid roster of talent - with a lone exception of failing to acquire a superstar talent.

A mutual separation really was the way to go - as much as Adelman was good for the Rockets. Les and Morey decided that the teams mission is to get the Roster as talented as humanly possible. Morey will have his chance now, let's keep our fingers crossed for the Rockets sake...

1 person likes this.
  13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Significant role? No.. I think Mark Cuban plays a significant role. I think Les is much more tamed compared to an owner like that. He probably signs off on deals that his GM brings him.. but it's not like he's meddling and negotiating in lieu of a GM. Blaming him for every decision post-Hakeem is dumb -- but I imagine that was an exaggeration.

I also don't think he ran off Rudy T -- Rudy wasn't healthy. He wasn't healthy when he tried to comeback and coach the Lakers either. I don't blame Les for looking for an alternative.

14. heypartner

He tried, but Jeff savedourrockets.com

Les is the worst kind of idiot...he's a prick and an idiot...from New York City. And now he is going to hire a coaching staff by himself that will result in Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride on the sideline.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nah. You're just mad because now you have to find a new schtick.

16. heypartner

Well written.

You know what you are saying, right? You are saying that talent is the way to go, and Morey has been unsuccessful trading for a superstar or trading up in the draft, so we need to suck to get a good draft pick.

That system of winning doesn't require Morey, either. Hell, you and I could get in a room and make the correct #1 or #2 pick in the draft. But we could never be Morey and Adelman, together.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I hate that Rick is gone. I think DM and Les made a mistake. Having said that, RA is not coming back. No apology is going to change that. I still like DM as GM and think he is the right man for the job. How long do we vent? I'm a Rockets fan to the core. I absolutely hated JVG before he was hired but continued to love my Rockets anyway.

I haven't seen this board so pissed at DM since he drafted Brooks and Landry.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I thought you were sorry for your stance as a ROF (Rick Only Fan).
    Sadly, this is a misleading title.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think you are very naive in thinking:
    1. just because Les doesn't jump around on the sideline wearing a T-shirt and mouthing off in the internet, he's not as meddling as Cuban.

2. that Rudy T chose to leave the only organization he had ever served since being a NBA rookie by his own volition.

20. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

Why are you all so mean to OP? He is Rockets fan, he has been here since before arrival to Adelman. He likes coach and he has right to say. You bullies can choose not to read if you do not like.