1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Offseason Situation - Deals & Signings - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nathan8, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Go black your eyes.:p

Are you kidding me?!?! Chuck Hayes is a huge part of this team.

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I know Redd is limp. But taking him as the designated gunner is not that bad of an idea.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Would it be possible to get Nene and Dalembert?

4. KGdaBoss

KGdaBoss Member

I think everyone on this thread is talking about the wrong Chandler. The Rox should try to get Wilson Chandler. I think he adds athleticism, versatility, and depth to our SF position. Chandler has improved each year he's been in the league, and I only see him getting better and I believe he is due for a breakout season. However, Chandler is a restricted FA and I think Denver would match any offer for him.

The Rox biggest concern is to fix the frontcourt. I think the Rox should part ways with Yao Ming and add pieces that would fit this squad. The Rox need a serviceable C and depth at PF. At Center, the Rox should target Spencer Hawes or Jeff Foster. To add depth and toughness to the PF pos, the Rox should target Kris Humphries or Carl Landry. Both those guys hustle hard, play physical, and are extremely efficient on the court. Note that all four of these guys are UFA's

As far as the draft is concerned, I think we should trade the 14th pick for a 2012 1st rd pick. A trade such as Scola + 14th pick for Amir Johnson + TOR 2012 1st rd pick would be ideal. IF not Scola +14th pick for 2012 1st rd pick + Expiring contract would be good enough for me.

What do you guys think?

5. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Dude, congratulations on an impressively well orchestrated post. Now, I like the analysis. However, rudy gay has more upside and is a better defender then wilson chandler. Our number one prioroty is to clog up at the 5 spot with solid 15/8 stats at minimum in order to contend. Nevertheless we still lack that closer, the winner, the last second go to guy. Making a push in the offseason would prove effective, thats depending on thr new cba too. Its a tough one.

6. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Priority*

7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Marc Gasol
    Carl Landry
    Michael Beasley
    Kevin Martin
    Chris Paul

Yao Ming
    Patrick Patterson
    Shane Battier
    Kyle Lowry
    Aaron Brooks

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Chuck Hayes is a huge part of this team.

Yes, indeed. In the Puerto Rican league, Chuck Hayes would be a huge part of his team, but the LEAGUE.

The problem we have is, we have far too many scrubby players overachieving over their talent, and that is going to take us nowhere.

Chuck Hayes + Brad Miller + Luis Scola for Carlos Boozer!

9. spankz141

spankz141 Member

If the Lakers get kicked out, look for them to re-tool and I hope Morey takes advantage.

Scola, T-Will, J-Hill and Thabeet and the 2011 1st (23rd)

for

Gasol, Luke Walton and 2012 1st

Rockets get their center and a pick.

Lakers re-tool and pick up young talent.

10. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Paul gasol ? NO!! Mark gasol? Yes!

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Screw that, let's hold out for Kobe.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Only if we can sign him for the minimum.

Not the VET minimum, but the minimum wage.

13. nathan8

nathan8 Member

IMPOSSIBLE. Rudy gay for bud and 2 first round picks. Who says no?

14. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

Love the idea just Love-it LOL

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

From watching the playoffs its painfully obvious that Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant don't really fit together. Durant need's more of a pass first point guard to better position him late in games to score, which is why I propose:

Thunder & Rockets Proposed Trade:

Russel Westbrook
    Cole Aldrich
    + Filler

for

Kyle Lowry
    Kevin Martin

Kevin Durant the franchise face of the Thunder, finally gets his 'Robin' in Martin, to relieve some of the scoring pressure of his shoulders & he also gets a defensive minded pass first PG in Kyle Lowry, who just came off a career year and is still young at 25yrs old.

On the Rockets side, they finally get a guy who has the talent to be a franchise corner stone, and also get a young center with great defensive potential.

16. nathan8

nathan8 Member

If morey pulled this off, id tattoo his face on my body. It juxtaposing westbrook and lowry the only difference maybe russell's jammin ability, correct? In turn, lowry's shooting abilty is alot more efficient rather westbrook. So, were does that leave the proposal?

17. blackistan

blackistan Member

bring back bonzi

18. KGdaBoss

KGdaBoss Member

No way this trade works out. The salaries just don't add up. I think the only way OKC would pull any Westbrook trade is if Nick Collison's hideous contract is tied to the deal, and there is no way Morey would eat that contract.

19. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Pau? Lakers gonna drop tnt on that roster. PURE EMBARRASSMENT