1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Houston Texans 2011 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bluffkin, Jan 26, 2011.

1. msn

msn Member

here's my official draft prediction:

once the smoke clears after day 1, we will see once again that that's we had--all smoke, no fire. and another TE for the Texans.

*yawn*

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

H-Town bound:

[​IMG]

3. msn

msn Member

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

5. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I will be satisfied if with the #11 we end up with Prince or Quinn. I'm expecting Aldon Smith, someone I've never/rarely heard of or a TE though.

Pugs

6. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

My prediction, Peterson is still on the board when Cleveland picks and the Texans move up (for say our 2nd rounder) and get him.:cool:

7. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

With the draft starting at 7:00pm or a minute or two after that, I expect the Texans to make their selection between 8:10 and 8:20 tonight. My prediction is the Texans will turn in their card at 8:14. Of course, that's based on them picking at #11 and not trading up or down.

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

As much as I would want Patterson on the Texans, imo it would cost way too much to get him. My ideal draft would go Quinn slipping to us at 11 and drafting that corner out of Miami in the 2nd round. Cause if we trade the 2nd and 3rd round pick, where are we gonna get a front seven player for Phillips system? We can get a pretty good corner in free agency if Bob would open his wallet some.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I wouldn't read too much into that quite yet. If Rick Smith seems enthusiastic about trading up for Peterson right now, teams are just going to demand more from him. His reluctance might just be a show right now to get teams to feel like their offering price is making us think twice. Who knows though.....I'm just ready for 7 o'clock.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This. A lot of our attention has been focused on the secondary (deservingly so) but I think a lot of us are forgetting the importance of a NT in 3-4 NT and the lack of one on the current roster, especially considering that both our starting DEs are much better suited for a 4-3. As much as I like PP, I don't thinks it's wise to trade our entire draft for any single player. We just have too many holes to fill IMO.

1 person likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Better watch what you say. I can almost feel The Cat revving up for his reply to this...

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I don't care what we have to do to move up, I want Peterson.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a good point. Texans really do need that 2nd round pick because they could net a quality player to start at NT or OLB

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

cosign....**** the dumb talk....He's a once in a decade talent....

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Well guess what, Richard ****ing Smith.....if you had lost the last damn game, you wouldn't be in this position, now would you?

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Im pretty sure an elite cornerback prospect is something to not pass up on. Saying that, if it's between Von Miller and PP, you take Miller. But assuming Miller is gone by the second pick, do you really trust the Texans to make the right call with their second or third round picks? You sell the farm for either of the two, and bank on free agency or improvement by our younger players as a whole.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually, based on history, i trust the texans less with the first pick than with the 2nd (a trade up would be the 2nd pick more than likely).

I'm not saying patrick (or miller) arent a great talent but you can't take lightly the cost of a 2nd round pick which could be a very good player

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

My dream scenario is Quinn in Rd 1, Marvin Austin in round 2. And then Bob breaks out his wallet to sign us a good FA corner ( asomhuga ??) more like though an Ike taylor. That would make us awesome .

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

First round picks defensively- Cushing,Williams,Robinson,Okoye,Jackson.
    It's an ok list, and way too soon to make a call on Jackson who I believe will improve tremendously.

Second round- the big time player has been Demeo.

It's pretty much null and void. The Texans have a huge need at the outside linebacker position and cornerback slot. We need an impact player. I'd rather have the sure thing then a guy who can go either way.

20. Egghead

Egghead Member

I'm hoping they trade up to get Peterson.