1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 Questions for Ben Bernanke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Ben Bernanke will be holding a press conference for the first time in the history of the Fed chairmanship

Zero Hedge has 20 questions for him (that probably won't be asked)

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

And nobody is talking about it. They'd all rather be distracted by Obama releasing his birth certificate.

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Some questions are pretty dumb. For example, the first one. Strong Dollar does not equate to confidence in the financial system.

4. Major

Major Member

Agreed - there are good reasons those questions weren't going to be asked.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Here's what should have been asked:

1. Why did you help multi-billionaires tank the U.S. economy for the rest of us and still give them a bunch of our tax money and let banks foreclose on our homes? You know they're still billionaires, banks are still owned by billionaires, and the only people who really suffered from the whole deal were normal people, right? You're an *******.

2. Can you stop being an ******* by letting them be assholes at hour expense?

6. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

you're right. you guys know everything. that's why the economy is awesome right now.

7. Major

Major Member

High quality analysis there. No facts, and no ability to even interpret what I said.

8. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

If Bernanke did answer these (and I doubt), I'm willing to get one of his answers will be 'it's too soon', that there hasn't been enough time to work kinks out yet, that's the impression I got from reading the first 13 questions what a potential answer might be like.

9. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I'm noticing a pattern.

10. Major

Major Member

It seem to be an easy answer when someone wants to disagree but doesn't want to justify why.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Most people don't know enough about economics or the economy to play along. Of those that do, most find it too boring. I have to think about crap like this when I'm working; why would I want to when I'm not?

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

13. Major

Major Member

Don't forget that TARP was going to make things 1-2 years after it's implementation (ie, now):

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=158831&page=3&pp=20

Something tells me today is not more painful than things would have been had we let the entire financial system collapse.

14. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I sure would like to know what that something is because I don't think there is anything to support that claim.

15. Major

Major Member

Really? You things today are worse than what everyone universally agreed would have been a worldwide depression if there was a global financial collapse?

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sometimes you ask those question . . not for yourself. . but for others.
    Maybe some need it explained to them WHY a strong dollar does not equate to confidence in the financial system.

just a thought

Rocket River

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I honestly never trust answers that EVERYONE UNIVERSALLY AGREED
    generally it is just a select group of 'insiders' who agree
    and
    generally . .. they the same ones that agreed to the crap that got us in the situation

Rocket River

18. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I do. Things are much worse today than how they were forecasted to be when the government started propping up the financial system. Go look at the unemployment forecasts that were used to justify the bailouts. Regardless of what happened, a worldwide depression still occurred, and instead of allowing a recovery, the actions of central banks and governments have yielded nothing but more uncertainty, and economic stagnation.