1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 27, 2011.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is a very good point and the best rationale for releasing it now.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

On the flipside, having the GOP going birther crazy while Obama is focused on the budget certainly makes them look like a bunch of tools who aren't interested in governing nor do they care about real issues.

3. DonnyMost

And if the focus was about ending silly, unproductive discussions on fringe issues... then this may only make things worse, what more demands will the birthers move onto next?

Is Barack really married to Michelle?

SHOW US THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE!

I'm saddened that Obama even acknowledged this veiled racism... it's a real setback... if you're not a WASP and you're running for office, get ready to have to turn up every damn document relating to your existence ever to prove you're not from Mars.

4. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Not surprised. Reminds me of an old Chappelle skit:

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. DonnyMost

Figures.

Here comes an avalanche of new birther demands.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually they did, kind of, it's just the "mainstream' was different those days in the pre-internet era before stupidity was more easily made viral.

The clownswho run the WSJ editorial page ran tons of stuff on it, including one column repeating rumors that the President and Hilary had him killed because were running drugs out of an airstrip in arkansas. And good ol' congressman Dan Burton (R-IN)devoted substantial amounts of the Congressional Record to his congressional investigation and Horatio Caine-like forensic experiments shooting pumpkins in his backyard. Really.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Geez this is so ****ing stupid.

It's amazing how these stupid birthers have yelled something so loudly and so stupidly for so long that even after multiple forms of proof are given they either don't believe it or say it makes things look worse.

Anyone who has ever taken the birther stance after govt documents were shown represents what is wrong with America. My goodness the man's passport was shown to America a year ago and you fools just choose to ignore reality. Even after that 43% of Americans still don't think he was born here...

9. SacTown

SacTown Member

What about Palin's community college transcripts?

10. basso

Supporting Member

sure, when she's president.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

via TPM --

Taitz Responds!!!

Birther Queen Orly Taitz responds to release of Birth Certificate. She's not buying it, says document should say "Negro" not "African."

12. basso

Supporting Member

interesting- i hadn't thought of that. "African" is not a race (and "african-american" is not a term that was widely used in 1961); the old man was a physician in the 60s, 70s, and a black man, regardless of his country of origin, was always referred to as "negro" on medical records.

13. DonnyMost

well, his dad was african... or so they would have us believe :eek:

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Fight on, birther man. No really, please do.

15. Major

Major Member

To the political/educated class, that's certainly true. But that doesn't necessarily translate to average Americans. The average American sees birther stuff on CNN or MSNBC or FOX and doesn't realize what's going on in the budget debate. Obama has to force the GOP to talk about the details of their budget, and to do that, he has to get rid of the talk about all the other nonsense.

16. DonnyMost

I guess I have my doubts that this will end talk about nonsense, as evidenced above. I think this will have the exact opposite effect, and empower these dumbasses to continue their conspiracy crusades.

17. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Why don't we just all start asking for receipts for Trump's hair while we're at it?

18. Major

Major Member

I agree it will with the dumbasses. But in terms of the media play, I think this will end it. After a day or two of covering the birth certificate story on the major networks, I don't think any of them will touch this anymore. If I'm wrong there, then yeah, this was absolutely a terrible move.

19. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

---

for reference George W. Bush's cumulative GPA at Yale was 2.75. Kerry's was a bit lower. Obama's is assumed to be lower.

and seeing as I want to run for public office, my CGPA is 3.85.

DO Y'ALL WANT THE DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING I (and probably a good 20% of all university students) WOULD BE BETTER QUALIFIED TO RUN FOR AMERICAN PRESIDENT THEN THESE IDIOTS---cause GPA is the end-all and be-all of intelligence and qualification.

cause i have the proof

(just don't ask me for the birth certificate---please please please don't.)

20. basso

Supporting Member

of course, but "African" is not a race, it's a place of origin.