1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Morey value the Princeton offense? (thinly disguised coach suggestions thread)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Apr 20, 2011.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

We're not going hire Sikma or any of Adelman's assistants. The new coach may decide to retain some of them though.

Morey's gonna deliver. A lot of fans are going to be going, "What!?!?!?" But he's gonna deliver a dynamic head coach that sells tickets at the box office and gets the players' attention.

2. baller4life315

Maybe so and I'll continue to hope for the best.

My main concern is the temptation to make too much change. This roster doesn't need a top-to-bottom overhaul yet some of the talks seem to indicate we could be headed in that direction. To me, that's scary and unnecessary but then again I'm not paid to make such decisions.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

I agree totally and I would bet Morey agrees. He's slowly churning the roster, upgrading, not blowing it up. He's gonna hire a coach that understands what he is doing and is on board with it, but a coach that has the ability to connect with players big time. It's gonna look like a longshot but it's a hire that if he makes it, the coach will be here for many years and players from all over the globe will want to play for him.

4. aeolus13

aeolus13 Member

To my mind, this is a bug and not a feature. We don't have a superstar and no immediate prospects of acquiring one, so we can expect high roster turnover to be par for the course going forward. In addition, if we have an offense that only works with smart players, that limits the pool of targets for us to acquire. We'll have to pass on picking up talented boneheads because they won't work with a Princeton system.

The ideal offense for this team would be as simple and user-friendly as possible.

5. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Member

LOL Agree.