1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I enjoyed the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This was one of the most pointless seasons I've had the displeasure of watching. Our assets did well toward the end, but for most of the season, their defense was horrific, and I knew what it felt like being a fan of the Golden State Warriors. Maybe it was getting rid of Battier and/or Brooks, but this team didn't show any kind of guts on defense until the end. It's hard to cheer for a team that doesn't bust it on defense and just keeps losing - well, for me it is, anyway. It was fun to see them at least making an effort on defense later in the year.

I never thought this team would be much of anything this year, so the fact they did prove they can play at the end of the season was suprising to me. Still, the season pretty much sucked.

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

when your coach doesn't emphasis defense you player won't either.

I love Adelman and he's a HOFer but we need a young coach with some fire and defensive ideas now. This is Morey's problem now.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I'm kindoff relieved this rollercoster of a season is officially over. Hats off to the team for at least making fans interested after the Allstar break but bottom line, they just aren't good enough to be legit in the West. Pathetic times in Houston sports :(

4. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

In the immortal words of senor Olajuwon "We go from here".:)

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Enjoyed the season? meh...yeah, it was a decent ride at the end.
    I think they improved in the last half or so, but so did other teams. It seems like last season we said the same thing...'oh we didn't make the playoffs, but our chemistry is better, we'll do better next year'. Then next year came and we started off like crap, we had a lot of changes, then we finished pretty strong but it wasn't good enough.
    What's to stop the same from happening next year? Nothing. Until we get someone that creates a clear mismatch with the others teams in the league we are going to be a decent team relying on heart...and we'll lose most games that our heart isn't stronger than the other team's. Mediocrity here we come.

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

It's been Morey's problem, and he's failed for several years to bring in a center to anchor the defense in the case our injury prone center goes down. Adelman's supposed lack of emphasis on defense is a cop-out. No coach could make this team strong defensively. It's always been a personnel problem.

7. DCkid

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Hard to be a good defensive team when there is a 6'6 center starting for your team. How hard is that for people to understand

9. MandM's

MandM's Member

I enjoyed the season too!

I am a spurs fan!

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meh. This 9th-seed-14th-lottery-pick **** is getting old already:p

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Finishing above .500 gives me some hope for next season.

12. DCkid

Well at some point shouldn't all these teams who are supposedly reaping the benefits of having high lotto picks pass us in the next few years?

Oh, and whiskey shot!

13. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

For me, the word to sum up the season would be "instability."

Key phrase would be "too late."

The Rockets had to constantly adjust throughout the season with options dwindling. Our guys did a great job on the fly. Other than that, it would've been amazing if the Rockets were able to get in the playoffs given all the obstacles.

They came in with huge expectations. Yao was coming back to join KM. It was supposed to be the dawn of Red Rising. Started out 5-0. Yao went down. Once more, we had to rely on Chuckwagon. AB got that ankle-injury. Missed a month. Chuck Hayes was out for a small amount. Re-integrating Brooks to the line up was a struggle. The February schedule was brutal. There was the trade for Dragic and Thabeet. Chase became our starting SF. Scola missed games for the first time in his NBA career.

Everything began to click after the trade but it was too late. The hole they dug was too deep. I'm still really proud of this team and I hope Adelman comes back next year as well as a legit defensive center.

14. erimanila

erimanila Member

Sad to say, but I dont think we'll be seeing a Championship in Houston for a long long long long time.

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

One would imagine so...I guess we have that to look forward to in the distant future. Houston Rockets 2019-2020 NBA champions!!!! DOOM DOOM CHA! DOOM DOOM CHA!

16. DCkid

If it takes teams that long to build a better team after having high lotto picks, then maybe success through the lottery isn't all it's cracked up to be.

17. esteban

esteban Member

I expected nothing out of our Rockets this season and I have been pleasantly surprised. The ups and downs we went through made us stronger. I believe the trades at the deadlines improved our chemistry tremendously. You can see the confidence in Lowry and Budinger knowing that they have the minutes to prove themselves worthy. The addition of Dragic had been nice, it will solidify the point guard positions for the future.

I see so many good things for us in the future and one of the most important things in my opinion is the way that we ball. The players have bought into the system, , they play as one cohesive unit, they share the ball and fight for one another.

I enjoyed watching our guys played their hearts out this season despite coming up a litlle short at the end. I believe with a liltte luck in the draft and some tweaks here and there by Morey, we will make the playoffs next year.

Now a lot of you guys will disagree with me on Yao but I think Yao is not done.I have always rooted for Yao since he became a Rocket. I have faith in him that he will put everything into his rehab and coming back stronger next season. The 2 years that he was not playing actually saved him a lot wear and tear.

I can not guarrantee Yao won't picked up another injury(no one can make that claim) but I believe the worst is over for Yao. I think Yao and the Rocket medical staff will not make the same mistakes again concerning his health.

And yes, I'm proud to say that I'm a big fan of Yao!

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would have much rather us finish with 15 wins and at least be excited about the draft than be in this no-man lands situation we have found ourselves in.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe last year but not this year

20. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

lets just think of it like this, it could be much worse. If we had a record like the Wolves or Cavaliers then we could complain, so be happy. Live and Die with our team, its part of the game.