1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UEFA Champions League 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

ROONEY!

1-0 ManU!

2. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

RED DEVILS

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Man utd got away with a penalty that should have gone to chelsea. The game was evenly played with both teams having threats. Rooney came through on hi but lampard did not.

Oh well. 0-1 isn't a good result but it's not fatal for Chelsea, still have a chance as long as ancelotti figures out how to play drogba, Torres, and anelka.

I felt like anelka should have started the match

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well, judging from his showing so far, and more or less the last few years, it appears Torres is best suited to play out wide....

...and by out wide, I mean REALLY far wide, like, basically sitting next to Solomon Kalou on the bench.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It wasn't worthy of a penalty. Besides, Chelska had plenty of opportunities that they squandered away. They have no one to blame but themselves...but I'm sure they'll cry about 1 call that didn't go their way as the reason why they lost.

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Warning: Rant from Chelsea fan:

Torres is worthless and can't score even when Drogba serves it on a plate to him. Drogba was doing everything out there on offense and they take him out instead of Torres??? :confused: :mad:

The refs missed a foul in the box in the last couple of minutes that would have made it a tie!!! Did they get these refs from the NBA?

And Man U players were faking injuries the whole game, play the game right guys.

-End Rant.

At least it is only a 1-0 deficit, we will get revenge at Old Trafford.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

As long as you leave Torres out of the lineup - hell Daniel Sturridge has done more to earn a Chelsea spot than Torres and his fading glory.

8. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Exactly, the guy is worthless. Kalou or Anelka should start in his spot. Those guys actually try and show heart.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a neutral observer, I thought it was a good game.

That being said, Torres has been atrocious. Aside from the game he played against Chelsea when he was still with Liverpool, he has been absent from any type of play for over a year. His whiffs in this game were embarrassing and his flopping was as painful as always. Yes, he won Spain the Euro in 2008, but he's been absent ever since.

It would appear that Chelsea bought a $100 million dummy.

10. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Oh Mighty Torres

[​IMG]

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

See you in the Final, guys!

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's so annoying, Inter is really weak (especially without Lucio), and we (Bayern) let them off the hook because we had chemistry problems and bad coaching...we actually dominated them for almost two complete games and then just had mental ****ups. Bayern is much, much, much better than Schalke, and we still handed Inter the next round on a silver platter. Well, at least Germany will have passed Italy in the country ranking next season, so we get an additional Champions League spot.

I think Barca would have to trip up really badly not to take the crown. Iniesta is the best player in the world, in my opinion.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I disliked when Chelsea bought Torres and he has done nothing obviously to change my opinion of him. He is like the t-mac of soccer. He has all the physical tools but he always seems like he doesn't care, gets hurt often, doesn't come up big in big games.

1-0 is not a big deal, though.

14. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Great win by Barca yesterday... it seems el clasico is inevitable in the semis. Can't wait

15. M.A. Dub

M.A. Dub Member

Not sure what game you were watching but that was a clear penalty. However they did blow too many chances. The away goal is gonna be crucial.

16. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

Patrice Evra =sAint
    Torres= diver

I'm
    Done

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You need your head checked bruv. I say that as a Man.United supporter.
    To put Patrice Evra's name in the same sentence as saint is beyond insane. :)

18. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

You misinterpreted my post...calm down kid.

Patrice cleared the ball off the line as it was bouncing in - hence saved Man.U. hence my post.

Sorry a bit behind and finally got a chance to sit down and watch the game last night.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yeah I kinda missed your point since your point really wasn't explained properly in the initial post mate hence your needed follow up post.

As long as it's based on his saving Uniteds bacon cos in no way shape or form is that turd a saint,kid.

20. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member