1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is delicious

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jebus, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

Things could be worse for the Rockets.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/51541073-87/jazz-games-utah-lakers.html.csp

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I remember thinking after those early-season comeback wins they could be a huge factor if Okur came back healthy.

On Monday when they lost to the Wizards at home in OT with Corbin holding out Milsap and Big Al late in the game and OT, that took the cake. The Jazz look destined for a series of dates with the lottery.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

When the Jazz were winning comeback win after comeback win, while some were marveling over their clutchnness, other writers like Dwyer observed that they couldn't keep this up and it would eventually bite them in the ass.

HA-HA.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Al Jefferson is not happy in Utah. After the Wizards game he walked out without talking to the media. They say he's walked off without talking to the media a few times before that in March.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This Jazz team isn't your father's Jazz anymore. They lack the discipline, heart, and execution (along with some other "intangibles that we all know about) that the Sloan-led Utah teams were always known for. This team doesn't have a true leader, and they certainly don't have the talent to overcome an obstacle like that. Guys like Okur and Kirilenko were players who got under your skin, and made plays every now and then in games, but Boozer and Williams were always the heart and soul of the team. Now that both of them are gone, this team has no identity. It's a lot to expect this team to compete in the West, let alone make the playoffs. I think it is going to be a long time before the Jazz are relevant again.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I wasn't keeping up with Jazz mid season, But what went wrong, I remember they started great and was playing great,

What caused the sudden ultra epic collapse, was it injuries?

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The Jazz and Titans are both going down in flames.

It's a good time to hate them both.

1 person likes this.
  9. Steve_Francis_rules

It's not going to be delicious if they luck out again like they did with Williams and get a top pick in the draft.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think they are going to really miss Sloan.

One thing that always gets overlooked for great coaches is their ability to develop young guys like that. Not saying Dwill was developed by Sloan, but IMO Sloan's system made the NBA game come easier to him and gave him the confidence he needed to know that he was ready to ball at the very top level.

Some players never get going because they never feel comfortable and get that confidence they need.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Now that's how you tank!

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Rockets are never respected when we fall out of the playoff picture for even more legitimate/uncontrollable reasons. Jazz are getting no sympathy from me.

Instead, a big fat:
    [​IMG]

13. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

[​IMG]

I'm out of here.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish I could give you 10 reps for this post.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit the idea of that does bother me. Do they have their own pick plus the unprotected pick from NJ?

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's going to be delicious because they lucked out with Williams, got a top pick in the draft, and they fell flat on their face this season, when they let Boozer go, and when they let Sloan go, and when...

Next year they will luck out with [insert name of top draft pick], they will fall flat on their face, they will let Kirilenko go, and they will...

I HATE THE JAZZ. :eek:

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Gotta love every time the j*zz fail. They could become the Clippers and I would still revel in their failures.

18. Steve_Francis_rules

But before falling flat on their faces, they still knocked us out of the playoffs twice. :mad:

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I bet he slammed the door on that lady's face and drove off after she was done taking the pic.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

True dat. I'm enjoying it. :)