1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zyndrunas Ilgauskas and John Wall get into a "fight"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Octavianus, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So, Big Z hit a Wall?

2. dback816

dback816 Member

What's he suppose to do? Not moving his arms so he can lose the ball?

Blame Wall for only coming up to Z's elbows.

3. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Lol, Z was just clearing space. That's legal.... Wall deserves a 1 game suspension.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

I would never f*** with Javale McGee. With his reach, dude can probably punch you from across the court.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont see a problem with what Wall did

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Lol, Miami announcers were so jaded! Big-Z elbowed him in the freakin throat lol

Then McGee was just trying to break it up when Jowan went ape **** crazy on him lol!

That was a pretty weak punch by Wall though haha!

7. throwedyung14

throwedyung14 Member

Ditto.

Damn.

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

are these miami commentators? because what i saw and what they were saying are completely the opposite.

i thought mcgee tried to pull Z away and howard just launched at him for no reason. these are some biased ass commentators

9. Htown's2kFinest

Big Z is 7'3 while Wall is 6'4. Z looked like he was trying to protect the ball and his elbow happen to be right where Wall's head is, being he is the much taller guy.

Wall overreacted and deserves more than a game suspension for throwing a punch. This why I was never really a fan of of the guy. His persona reminds me of Melo's.

10. mig0s

mig0s Member

How is Juwan Howard still in the league?

11. BleedRocketsRed

Sooo Z can't move his arms when he is holding the ball?

Keep in mind, Wall is 1' shorter than the guy. Z wasn't going for his throat/chin, he was trying to create some space. Wall's head happens to come up to Z's elbow.

12. theogcasey

theogcasey Member

Wasn't McGee just trying to break Z and Wall up? I know he didn't get ejected so I guess the refs saw what I saw, but it seems like the commentators were ragging on him as if he was trying to make trouble. You can see him clearly grab Z by the arm and he was in the process of pulling him away from Wall. Howard actually made it worse for himself by charging at McGee. But yea, those commentators are definite homers.

13. houseofglass21

John Wall is a hoe-ass-ninja and he's gonna end up like Iverson in 5 or 6 years.

14. Duncan McDonuts

That's the way it looked from the replay, but take Juwan Howard's point of view and it looks like McGee is charging Ilgauskas. It's understandable that Howard wanted to pull McGee off, and McGee obviously took it as an aggressive act by Howard because he clenched his fists and got into a fighting stance after he was pulled off from Ilgauskas.

McGee and Howard had intentions of breaking up the fight. Ilgauskas did nothing wrong to deserve being ejected. If the NBA were fair and objective, only Wall w=should be hit with a suspension. Unfortunately, David Stern and his minions aren't, and they bury bodies who dissent.

15. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

A 1st ballot HoF MVP? I'm sure he wouldn't mind...

16. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

What he did was perfectly legal, your allowed to move yours elbows as long as your also pivoting, and your elbows are within your cylinder.

Wall was in big Z's cylinder which in basketball terms pretty much means you cant get an offensive foul called.

You can't mark someone that close and get an offensive foul called on the player your marking is what im saying. Wall should have never been there in the first place.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

For those saying it was legal for Z to elbow him, who cares? Wouldn't you be pissed off if you just got knocked in the face?

Flopping is legal too, it doesn't mean it is the right thing to do

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Thats the 2nd center vs point guard battle in a few days. First Kaman and Fisher got into it. Kaman challenged Fisher to a duel in the parking lot after the game. Now Big Z and Wall.

Funny thing was when Juan came in and shoved McGee away, McGee then satrted going ape and Howard kind of backed down. Puss Puss.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That's because Juwan knows he does his damage magically. He was just trying to tag him with the curse.

20. HoustonRockets

gotta love Juwan Howard's toughness. Lebron is a p***y, he's like Lowry when a teammate gets into a scuffle lol.