1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Heat 125, Rockets 119

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We were on the floor picking up whatever we could, we were scrappy, and we were outrunning them. Did you see the stretch in the third quarter when we had them on their backs? It was because of hustle. What game were you watching?...

2. amaru

amaru Member

Calm down dude....its just the internet.

1) I'm not talking, so how can I "shut the hell up"?

2) You know nothing about me or what I do, so how do you know if I am a "winner" or a "loser". You have nothing to base that statement on lol...grow up :)

3) Yes we were the best team not to make the playoffs last season and we are so once again. PPat is a nice piece, but we could have had a higher pick potentially. I would rather make the playoffs OR have a higher draft pick than to be the "best losing team"....that is the definition of mediocrity

Yes there are still games to play but taking the homer glasses off, the odds of making it to the playoffs are all but over. That was decided by wasting half the year under .500. We have to win damn near every game AND then count on other teams to go on losing streaks! Do you REALLY think that is going to happen? :confused:

3. amaru

amaru Member

Perhaps, but I can see him signing with a contender to have a chance to chase a ring. I'd be shocked if he played here again.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dude, that stretch was due to the fact Wade was in the locker room having a conversation with Stern about the outcome of this game. He came back and got away with fouling our guys but on most occasions our guys were not physically up to bar to defend. Sometimes hustle is not enough, our guys were out muscled and we couldn't get back in the game..

5. amaru

amaru Member

You don't even know me dude lol

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Were people expecting to win this game?

I'm not sure why some are throwing in the towel after this one. Before tonight, it was a long shot, but this was probably one of the toughest games left. The Rockets could probably lose 2 games from here out (maybe only 1). New Orleans pulled off two tough road wins, but their schedule is still brutal. Winning in New Orleans again is going to be mandatory. Period. There's also no room now to lose a game you're supposed to win, BUT... if the Rockets can beat the Spurs at home and take one of the games against the Mavs, Hawks or Sixers, that could still maybe do it.

I wanted to go for the draft pick a month back, but we're down this road and I think it's been worth it given Lowry's development and Patterson's play.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Have you seen the other teams schedule? I'll be really surprised if NOH does not lose 2-4 of their last 9 games. Especially with West out.

8. MONON

MONON Member

Agree 100%. As far as this game goes, the refs called a playoff game when we were on offense & a November game when the Heat were on offense.

9. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Rest assured guys. We have a good core of guys and that's what matters.

1. We're relatively young.
    2. Even if Yao won't turn out to be his former self, he'd still be 7'6 with an amazing touch.
    3. We still have Morey.
    4. No more bad influences (i.e. Brooks and McGrady), except for maybe Brad...

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

To quote Murphys Law here: "Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference"...

11. AXG

AXG Member

I wholeheartedly agree.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thats pretty much it.

Rockets cannot lose to the Clips, Twolves, Kings their remaining games. Can't drop any of those games...and need to steal a game or two against the 6ers, Mavs, Spurs, or Hawks.

And beat the Hornets.

But the Hornets schedule is really tough. If they make it in they deserve the spot.

13. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I believe that Lowry and the Rockets expected to win this game. I worry what this loss does to their mentality. I hope they come out next game on fire and put this behind them.

14. worzel gummidge

It's a worry when some members in the GARM are besting the worst of Lakersplayground...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6040922

15. MONON

MONON Member

We definately have a better shot at overtaking the Hornets than the Grizz.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's not the fact that we lost this game so much but how we lost. Bosh had his way and Wade and Lebron drove the ball with ease to rim use sheer power to score.. If we do make it and play the Lakers, I now know we have no chance whatsoever against a team like that.. Chuck is great and all but he's so ****ing short... Hill/Pat still aren't ready to guard an Odom, Gasol, Bynum, Bosh, Duncan or anything that is a substantial post presence. This game really shows it all.. Or maybe Adelman should have had Pat and Hill in the game more to guard the rim and get some blocks.. Either way we have an inadequate coach and or inadequate pieces for a post season run. That's what makes me sad. :(

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They really should have kept feeding Jordan Hill in the paint. He kept getting open off of the block. Almost every time. So Adelman took him out.:rolleyes:

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="325" height="249" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/35TbGjt-weA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. what

what Member

The best thing about you guy's chances is that all you have to do is tie the grizzlies and that is why the grizzlies have to ramp up their intensity. We are hearing footsteps behind us big-time.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This confuses me...Jordan Hill was having a good game I thought. Much more so than Chuck, but he never saw the court again.

That disappoints me.