1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Using GM Clutchfans-Hindsight logic, I just realized that we MUST TRADE PP NOW!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Mar 19, 2011.

?

Should we trade Patrick Patterson ASAP?

1. Yes: As an upperclassman, he lacks upside and needs to be traded before his potential runs out

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Yes: We need a center and another Power Forward just doesn't cut it

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Yes: Because it's better to trade a player now than one year too late ala Brooks

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. No: Patterson will continue to improve and shouldn't be a trade chip

109 vote(s)
    87.9%
  1. yaomefoothurt

yaomefoothurt Member

meh 6
    ppat has game and is young TRADE SCOLA and maybe brad miller

2. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

:grin:
    i agree. I much rather see hill and patterson develop. I seriously want scola to get traded even though he is a great player and his value is high too. As for Miller all he is doing is taking up a roster spot

3. Andre Barrett

Andre Barrett Member

The fact that you think the Rockets made a mistake in drafting Patterson makes no sense. Then you say we should have drafted Larry Sanders... come on man thats a joke.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Sarcasm much?

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

plus you use wrong logic.

A. Brooks was smallest player in league. Should have figured his 19 point year was probably a fluke and traded him anyways
    B. Tmac had injury history and was nearing his end with Adelman coaching
    C. It was obvious Yao would never stay healthy
    D. Battier was old and was obvious he was not part of Rockets future. Holding back players and he had no offense
    F. These are all obvious beforehand and not hindsight.

6. davestrate

davestrate Member

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Patterson you used because its obvious sarcasm he doesnt fit any of those criteria.

He is young
    Talented
    Can fill the spot for years to come
    Has potential to develop into allstar
    Not injury prone
    can play offense, defense and rebound

Therefore does not meet a lick of any of the reasons people would suggest to trade the others they have in the past.

8. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Who else on our roster is going to be the next "Aaron Brooks".

Smh

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

First of all, Morey did not draft Patterson and expects him to play center. The Rockets do need a center but whenever you draft a player, you DO NOT draft a player to fill a position. You always have to draft the best player available and with the 14th pick, Patrick is the best player available. I mean why would we pass up on a perfectly good PF and draft a center who isn't even as good as Patrick.

If the best player available was a center, then the Rockets will no doubt draft one but at the time, the best player available was a PF so the Rockets went with him and that turned out great. Patrick is playing better than half the guys drafted in the top 10. He doesn't play many minutes but when given the opportunity, he is solid.

Tell me this, how do you know his ceiling isn't high? He's a young player and he is not old. Sanders is actually a year older than Patrick. He has the perfect PF body and he has a nice touch, plays hard, good work ethics, coachable, and always willing to learn. You can't just say a player doesn't have any potential in his rookie season. We can talk about his ceiling when he enters his 3rd season because its too soon to predict anything from him. We all know he will most likely have a solid career.

10. HTXEZE

HTXEZE Member

stay off the dope

11. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Chase Budinger! :) maybe Twill

12. jets fool

jets fool Member

been impressed with pat pat ever since he hit that 1st 3 in summer league he will only get better so all that nonsense about a trade should be burried

13. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wow! I can't believe not a single person supports trading Patterson. Well, you folks better not be complaining about how Morey screwed if PP stays as a role player(ala Battier-esque development) or has his value lowered like Brooks and get traded 50 cents on the dollar.

The point of the thread isn't whether or not PP will be a star or whatever. I don't know. No one else knows. The point is that it's stupid for people to use awesome hindsight capability to be armchair GM, when REAL GMs have to forecast player development without the benefit of a time machine.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe it reads ClutchFans and not ClutchGM?
    Right now Patterson as a prospect is more valuable than JHill, Thabeet and Brad Miller.
    Defensively more valuable than Scola and offensively better than Chuck.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

When people say it before the pivotal event happens, see, e.g. Brooks, it's what we call "foresight", or "insight"

It's only "hindsight" if you're the kind of person who has his head up his ass.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Really? People all wanted to see Brooks gone last offseason? I must've missed that.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

You certainly missed the Brooks or Cousins debate when we were trying to get the #4 pick.

19. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

His game against the celtics shows how much potential the guy has. After scola leaves, he will be a great starter. Sure we need a center, but i dont think we should trade PatPat.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I thought you just used sarcasm to respond to my posts....I didn't realize you centered new threads around it.