1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HELP- Selected to participate in on court contest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince321, Mar 16, 2011.

1. vince321

vince321 Member

Hey fellow clutchers! Im not sure where this would go, but I have been asked to participate in contest during WEDs game vs the Bobcats. I think its called Deal or No Deal at the end of the 1st quarter. Any advice on what should i expect?
    thanks

2. superjhou

superjhou Member

saw this at the game last night. basically they have 8 or 9 cases each with a prize inside. You can either choose to pick an autographed team ball or one of the cases. Cases contain cash up to $1500.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How much is an autographed team ball worth?

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

my strategy is to pick my favorite RPD, and just chat with her.

During the game vs Phoenix, some dude in my section won the 1500. He's been a STH for 25 years I think.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Totally recommend this.

Prior to going on the court. Ask her how do you play the game.
    then after the blah blah blah explanation....say, hmmm, that's not what I expected. I thought it was about asking an RPD out on a date.

Like, how about dinner and then the Rodeo Saturday?..."Deal or No Deal"

Tell me now before I win that $1500, or I'm asking another RPD.

3 people like this.
  6. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Haha noice

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

They did this at Monday nights game. They basically give you the option of the ball or to choose 1 of 9 suitcases with an unknown amount of money in it. I think the money values are from 100 - 1500$

So basically comes down to how much you value an autographed basketball. Good luck!

8. Burko

Burko Member

Or

"Can you tell me whats in your box or do i have to wait until tonight to find out"

Too direct?

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

If it were me, I'd definitely go for the cash. Rockets autographed ball is nice.. but give me the team ball from the championship era, not a lottery team.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol. Mr. Smooth.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll be attending this game; so I'll get to see who the OP really is!

11. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Not much especially for this team.

12. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Ask if they can have only Yao autograph it--would probably be worth more. :grin:

13. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Pre-Post Warning - I'm sure I've told this story on here before.

I got to do this once about 5 years ago. It was during Christmas. You could shoot a free throw and win a trip to San Antonio to see the Rockets play the Spurs (airfare and hotel included), or you could pick a box/bag and win whatever was inside.

The first person chose a box and got a team autographed ball. The second person chose a box and got an autographed jersey (I think it was Yao). The third person chose a box and got some random rockets clothing. Then it was my turn....

They had a couple of little bags you could choose, but nobody has been picking those, just the boxes. I went to one bag and motioned to the crowd to cheer if they wanted me to pick that one, then did the same at the other one. I picked the corresponding bag and ended up winning a trip to Los Angeles to see the Rockets play the Lakers (airfare and hotel as well). We were heckled the entire game since we were wearing our Rockets gear and I almost got into multiple fights.

The person behind me (who is a member here, but will remain nameless) chose a GIANT box and ended up winning a "noogie from Clutch." This was the best part of the event because when Clutch came out, he took off running, but eventually got what was coming to him :)

Last was my ex. She figured there was no more good stuff left in the boxes/bags, so she was going to shoot the free throw. She told the announcer that she couldn't make a free throw and he said he would let her shoot a layup, but she said she couldn't make that either! Right then, Bo Outlaw walked out and said he'd shoot the layup for her. He made the layup, and we got the trip to San Antonio :)

The way I see it....pick the least obvious item! That's why I chose one of the bags and not a giant box. Good luck, I'll see you there tonight! What's your name? We have to know who to root on!

Pugs

14. vince321

vince321 Member

you guys have hilarious responses. which briefcase contained the $1500 and what are the chances of it being the same briefcase
    thanks

15. vince321

vince321 Member

so pugsly8422, what your basically saying is stand next to the least attractive RPD.
    Also, I ll be the good looking young guy. Is there like a secret clutchfans hand gesture that i can flash :grin: so you guys know it me?

16. DouggYsTyLe06

DouggYsTyLe06 Member

How do you get selected to do that anyway? I always wondered how some people get to go in the middle of the court to participate in things like that. I wanna do it too. I wanna do the free throw one cuz ill be 10 for 10 on freethrows :D

17. pugsly8422

Yup, the least attractive one should do it. They don't want anyone to win the big bucks, so they want to "push" you away, that's the best way to do it.

I don't think you're eligible for the ClutchFans gesture yet. I suppose I can tell you though, just for future reference. Put both hands to your side while grabbing onto your pants, pull them down and show everyone your true passion! Oh, I forgot to mention...before you can do that you'll need to get this (to show you're a true fan and lifetime member) tattooed on your right butt cheek (not left! last guy that did that was rejected), just a small token to prove your allegiance:

[​IMG]

Send me the pic when you're done and I'll have your handbook ready.

Pugs

18. vince321

vince321 Member

I have season tickets on the floor and they asked me if I'd help them out by participating

19. vince321

vince321 Member

haha, your too funn!... Or I can pick the briefcase next to the most attractive RPD and ask her out while Im waiting to hear what I won

20. pugsly8422

Yeah, but I'd hate to see you get rejected in front of everyone! ;)

Seriously...I was always kind of proud of the way I handled it by asking the crowd to help me pick, and (even though they never told me) I figured the organization probably appreciated it a bit too since it got the crowd involved. I think that's what you should do. Get them involved by waving your arms so they cheer, or pointing to different cases and asking them to clap if that's the one they want you to pick. If you end up getting something bad, at least you gave everyone else a little more enjoyment. You can also blame them for it :cool: Good luck tonight! In case we can't identify that "good looking guy" tonight, come back on here and let us know how much you won.

Pugs