1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good take on Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by clippy, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

None of those guys is nearly as good as Shaq or Gasol

2. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Gasol was no more than a Brook Lopez before he became a Laker. Lots of stats on a bad team.

Kobe makes Pau great.

Pau helps Kobe

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You're seriously going to argue that Gasol in Memphis was the equivalent of Brook Lopez?

Not only was Pau a statistically superior player, even a casual observer of the NBA could tell you that he was more skilled, more athletic, and more intelligent than Brook Lopez. And the Grizzlies went to the playoffs like three or four years in a row with Gasol as their best player.

You really do seem to love Kobe.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

One of plenty of Kobe nuthuggers that will try to put Pau Gasol down another level to hype up their lover.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

Not only does Lopez not put up comparable stats to what Gasol was putting up in Memphis, Lopez has been playing for a really crappy team in a weak conference. Gasol led the Grizzlies to the playoffs three straight seasons in a very tough western conference. Your argument here is a complete joke.

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Kobe isn't even the best player of his generation.

Tim Duncan has been the best player on four championship teams (two more than Kobe, but one less ring), has two MVPs (one more than Kobe), three Finals MVPs (one more than Kobe), and has never failed to win 50+ games in a season (not counting the lockout season), something the Kobe-led Lakers failed to do in three straight seasons. His team has failed to advance past the first round of the playoffs only one time when he was actually playing (Kobe has lost in the first round twice and missed the playoffs once).

Five times in his career, Duncan has been the only all-star on his team. They still won 50+ games every year and one championship. Four times in his career, Kobe has been the only all-star on his team. Once he missed the playoffs, twice he lost in the first round, and once he was gifted one of the league's top big men just before the all-star break.

[​IMG]

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think the guy is on point. The media loves forcing Kobe down our throats. You can't call him a homer bc he said that Rose isn't the MVP.

9. supdudes

supdudes Member

The **** is this...Seriously, the ****...not this bull**** again:mad:

Whyyyyy.....Why the ****? :confused::mad::confused:

Honestly this thread is dumb as ****, and the vid is even more r****ded.
    The guy actually knocks Kobe for moving up on the scoring list...**** him... he sounds like he needs a hug.

O ya, and the words "media" goes better with another player, other than Kobe. Wanna take a guess?

**** that vid ticks me off so much....

10. egr281

egr281 Member

while i do think kobe is way overrated. i think its wrong to say he isnt clutch. being clutch isnt just about making the shot. its about the willingness to do it. jordan said it best he missed alot of game winners before he made some. but when the game was on the line he always wanted it. he took the fame when he made the shot and he took the blame when he missed. but you always trusted him to make it more than anyone else in the league. forget the stats forget the percentages because on the hardwood none of that matters. jordan had that willingness and that fire, and kobe has those same qualities.. my 2 cents

11. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

No, he knocks Kobe for being less efficient than the other star players who are also at the top of the scoring list.

This is what annoys me off about Kobe fans. They can't take any criticism without blowing it out of proportion or twisting it into something stupid.

12. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I don't like Kobe, but I will admit this, when game is on the line, any team needs him to have the ball on his hand.

13. clippy

clippy Member

Your loss, as he raises a bunch of very good points regarding the perception of players. But then, this kind of close-minded thinking ("I'm not going to watch something criticizing THE BEST CLOSER IN THE GAME!!!!!1111") is what keeps the NBA profitable by pandering to the lowest common denominator.

14. clippy

clippy Member

Yes, they will win 25% of the time.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

So wait Duncan's 4th championship counts even though he wasn't Finals MVP but Kobe's first 3 doesn't when he wasn't Finals MVP. Nice

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

I don't even have to pick apart the rest of that foolish past after the first sentence, we all know how its going to be twisted around

18. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Gasol is not as good as Pippen.

19. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Still way better than 1-18 right? LOL

20. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't see what the problem is. I mentioned that Kobe had one more championship. I didn't say his championships don't count. I just said that he wasn't the best player on the team. Not only did Shaq win the Finals MVP all three of those years, he finished higher in regular season MVP voting as well.

Tim Duncan finished fourth in MVP voting in 2007. Tony Parker received a total of one vote, finishing 15th. TD was the best player on that team even though Parker won the Finals MVP.