1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republicans really do kill puppies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Mar 12, 2011.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

:(

Missouri Legislature Poised To Repeal Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Referendum

For years, Missouri earned the dubious distinction as the nation’s “puppy mill capital” because its lax humane regulations and enforcement allowed dog breeders to raise puppies at low costs in terrible, overcrowded conditions. Last fall, Missouri voters approved a referendum to finally solve this problem — the Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Act — which mandates regular veterinarian inspections of breeding facilities and ensures a basic level of treatment for dogs, such keeping temperatures between 45 and 85 degrees. Tea party groups stridently opposed the referendum, arguing it was “just another example of big government meddling in people’s lives.” Now, capitalizing on the big gains they made in November, Republicans in the state legislature are poised to repeal the regulations Missouri’s voters enacted

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Black gang bang rapists vote for Obama.

4. mc mark

Black Panther gang bang rapists

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

^ I stand corrected.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What's the Black Panthers' official position on puppies?

7. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Did the puppies vote for Obama?

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

As a member of a tea party group, I have long been an opponent of puppy mills, starting with a detailed puppy mill story I wrote back in the 1970s exposing the harsh realities of this "business," which at that time was the main source of pet store animal (dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, etc.) sales.

Personally, I own a purebred Springer with carefully researched ancestry. Many of my tea party associates feel the same way I do -- and I specify "many" because I don't know anybody that endorses this industry -- about animal cruelty and acquisition, so don't lay this off on the tea parties.

Animal cruelty, particularly canine cruelty, is one reason why I will never forgive Michael Vick and still wish that authorities had kept him in prison for an additional 10 years.

#8 thumbs, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  9. rtsy

rtsy Member

Many Democrats voted against this bill.

Statement From Missouri Veterinary Medical Association Against Prop B

[​IMG]

Picking a Reputable, Licensed Dog Breeding Facility Missouri Veterinary Medical Association member veterinarians care very much about the welfare of dogs in breeding facilities in our state.

We have devoted our lives to the treatment of animals and the prevention of suffering and pain. We agree that there is a ‘puppy mill’ problem in Missouri and we want to resolve it.

The issue of the Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Act has come about because breeding facilities that are unlicensed are not being regulated or inspected.

For a side-by-side comparison of the Proposition B ballot initiative and the current Missouri Animal Care Facilities Act click here.

Our state has good existing laws (Click here for current Missouri dog breeder regulations), but those laws need enforcement.

Cases of neglect and bad conditions have come mainly from unlicensed breeders who are not overseen by state inspection.

Passing blanket initiatives (Click to view a copy of the ballot initiative) without careful consideration of the facts and ignoring existing law is not in the best interest of the dogs we are trying to protect.

The MVMA believes the answer lies in adequate funding for more inspections and better enforcement. You can do your part by making certain your next puppy is not from a puppy mill.

Report them, don’t support them! Click here for "Operation Bark Alert" reporting site. For more information, ask your veterinarian for a brochure on “How to Choose a Puppy” or click here to view a copy.

Prop B isn't about animal welfare or puppy cruelty. It's about adding regulations to the pet industry that can be used as a wedge for future legislation and enforcement. Read the laws on the book. Vote No on Prop B.

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

^^

What does that even mean? This wasnt even a bill, it was a voter referendum. Not to mention your article doesnt even say anything about how political parties feel about repealing the referendum.

11. mc mark

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

thanks a lot, half-white kenyan urkel president

14. Carl Herrera

Since the links in your post don't work, can you explain exactly what Prop B does that pre-existing doesn't do and why these new provisions are unreasonable?

15. rtsy

rtsy Member

I'm not a Democrat from Missouri who was against this. Maybe you should ask the Democrat puppy killers.

16. Carl Herrera

I don't see anything about Democrats in the thing you quoted.

17. rtsy

rtsy Member

The key votes were cast by four senators who voted to repeal Prop B even though their constituents had backed it. They were Republican Sens. Scott Rupp of Wentzville, Rob Schaaf of St. Joseph and Bob Dixon of Springfield, and Democrat Victor Callahan of Independence

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_8a404eaf-754c-5213-a8f2-55ac7260a466.html

Here is the contact info for Democrat Victor Callahan who voted to repeal Prop B. Report back to us with what the Democrat puppy killer let's you know.

Capitol Office:
    201 W Capitol Ave., Rm. 333
    Jefferson City, MO 65101
    (573) 751-3074
    FAX: (573) 751-4551
    EMail

Legislative Staff:
    Tom Hoppe
    Chris Schappe

Home Address:
    132 East Short
    Independence, MO 64050

http://www.senate.mo.gov/09info/members/mem11.htm

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

you need to learn the definition of the word many. if i was as dumb as you, i'd hate schools too. :(

19. rtsy

rtsy Member

Many puppy-killing democrats initially voted against Prop B, one puppy-killing Democrat Senator voted to repeal it.

20. Carl Herrera

So... there are Democrats who support/run puppy mills, too. The same thing, I suspect, is true of any referendum and most legislations. Doesn't mean Republicans do not constitute the majority of puppy cruelty supporters.