1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/8/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

Rockets are known as the letdown team as they always take a step back after taking a step forward. So I expect a loss here and Brooks scores 20 points tonite. Rockets dont have what it takes to make the playoffs this season, maybe next season they will.

2. valorita

valorita Member

Gameplan is simple: attack brooks on defense and make him stop ball movement on offense. Basically all the things that caused us to lose to other teams when he was here, we can take advantage of.
    Remember how backup guards go nuts on brooks? My suggestion is make twilly the pg when brooks is in and have him go nuts on brooks, then switch with lee on defense. That way twill confidence is up and we win the game!
    Unleash the kraken:)

3. link71113

link71113 Member

How is it now old? I never seen them go head up ina real game. I actually want to see both matchups but more Lowry and Brooks. It would be nice to see which one is the better PG in these two games. I'm putting my money on Lowry tonight.

4. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

This, let TWill/Lee iso Brooks on every possession. Hell Dragic PnR would probably wreck Brooks.

5. Grigori

Grigori Member

Your game plan fails to take two things into account:

1) Gentry's offense is much better at taking advantage of Brooks' iso skills than Adelman's offense is.
    2) Gentry doesn't play Brooks minutes in the high twenties like Adelman does. We'll be lucky if Gentry even plays Brooks minutes in the high teens unless Nash's stomachache gets worse.

The Rockets can't count on Brooks to win this one for them. They will have to go out and hit the Suns so hard and fast the words "tighten up on defense and limit defensive mistakes" never enter the Suns' minds, because if the Suns even begin to think those words, Adelman's "read and react" will turn into "read and weep" and we will be in for a tough fight.

6. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

You're saying that if the worst defensive team in the NBA decides to play some defense, that the best offensive team in Rockets history is going to play poorly?

I see this as another blowout win, they can't beat us without Frye. We have to tools to stop Hill and Nash, only concern is Gortat going off for 20/20 or something from the bench. The key will be bench play, again.

7. Grigori

Grigori Member

I am saying we have to make them feel like they are the worst defensive team in the NBA playing against the best team at exploiting defensive mistakes, instead of giving them a glimpse of just how easily our "read and react" offense folds into "read and weep" offense when even bottom 5 defenses put in some effort to limit defensive mistakes.

8. Rock3tsfanDro

Rock3tsfanDro Member

Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(cough, cough,) the sound of Brooks choking... :p

9. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

10. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

Lol..funny you say that. I was listening to NBA League Pass Radio and AB turned it over 2 consecutive possessions late in 4th quarter to cost Phoenix a win at OKC...they went to OT to lose when they could have won it in regulation.

11. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

Nice going AB..your mah boy...lol

12. delta69er

delta69er Member

Why are so many of yall wanting to see Brooks vs. Dragic?

I for one want to see Brooks vs. Lowry. Over the past 2 years-ish there's been much debate over which one is better and we'll finally get to see it tonight.

I can see Brooks having a big game against us, but if RA puts Lee on Brooks, then we ought to be good. And after watching the stellar job Kyle did on D-Will and CP3, I'm sure he'll hold his own against Nash tonight.

13. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

The Rox need the next 2 games against Phoenix. We are 0-1 against them this year. These are tie-breaker games if we win both. :eek:

14. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

Unleash The Squid!!!!

15. Rock3tsfanDro

Rock3tsfanDro Member

yea i went to that game n J Rich killed us....

No Channing Fry n J Richardson got traded n Steve Nash is a lil Banged up

lookin good for rockets, but IDK but Scola???

Ne word on Scolas knee???????

16. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

Something's wrong with your English, man.

Tough game, but it's ours! :grin:

17. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

18. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

^ fck the phoenix

hope we can bust this game wide open early

19. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Come on basketball gods..

20. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member