1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Picture Slideshow] Terrence Williams - Effort and Heart (or Lack Thereof)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Mar 7, 2011.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Terrence Williams could literally spit in Dream's face and his supporters would still blame it on Adelman.

2. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I smell HATER

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Thanks, i appreciate that, but this is one of the sequences i did see.

I'm not sure if this is clear, since my first post sounded like i was defending Williams, but i agree he was showing a lack of effort. I just thought a video of his full 4 min stretch would be better evidence and less questionable than some screen shots.

4. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

:eek: ...............

5. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

ya i just edited the avi in camtasia

6. Antec

Antec Member

Dam! He saw the thread! :eek:

Rockets Players read my threads!

lol but he is a hater.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

How dare he not care about what some guy on a message board says.

What a terrible person.

/sarcasm

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nice way to treat your fans who ultimately pay your salary.

I bet the Rockets organization is "thrilled" to have such a classless, immature punk on their team.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Someone posted, on his twitter, a link to a thread that some guy sitting at home watching the game on his tv started. He responded by pretty much saying, "I don't care what you have to say." Which I don't have a problem with because, we're sitting at home and he's working on his game. Nobody here has any idea what the situation is with him or the rest of the team.

Hell, I seem to remember someone doing something very similar to Kyle Lowry, and he replied by saying pretty much what T-Will said. Who here actually thinks Kyle Lowry is classless, immature punk?

10. PeppermintCandy

Appreciate the vid.

It definitely wasn't the most enthusiastic showing by Williams, but not as bad as I expected from reading this thread.

To me, it doesn't look like he really knows what to do as a small forward, or how to be effective off-the-ball. He mostly did his best impression of Battier/Budinger and camped out at the 3 point line, except he doesn't have Shane or Chase's outside shot to warrant it.

When Williams did cut to the basket, it looked like he was doing it in slo-mo compared to say Lee or Budinger, but that's expected when he's trying to learn a new way of playing. Remember how lost Lee looked in the beginning of the season?

A few plays where he and Dragic mirrored each other, I'm not sure if it's gamesmanship or just mistakenly running plays meant for the PG, which he's probably more familiar with. It did seem like he looked to get the ball in his hands, but that's been his style of play from Day One.

As for boxing out his man, he didn't do much of it in previous games I've seen him in either. He doesn't get physical in the paint, but rather tends to stand under the basket and then try to snatch the rebound when it comes near him. His long arms allow him to get away with playing like this, though it looks to me like very poor rebounding technique.

Anyway, he did look pretty uncomfortable in his role, but it doesn't seem to me like he's trying to make any point out there.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Really all consumers do is line the pockets of the wealthy, they never really pay their salary, they don't have enough power and self control for that to be true.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont think he was trying to steal it, but didn't realize dragic had gone behind him, but thanks for posting the entire thing, repped.

Looking at the video again, it doesn't seem as bad as i thought. He's still in complete garbage time mode, which is fine for a starter, but I still think a guy who's the 12th man trying to get more PT shouldn't be in that mode with more than 2 mins left in the game. His body language is too laid back. He's basically looking to give up a shot in exhange for getting back on offense. I guess some of those defensive possession could be him trying not to foul, but it was too passive. I think he doesn't value defense enough right now. He does remind me some of tmac, where he's basically turning the switch off when he doesn't have the ball or the play isn't on his side. He's not good enough right now to believe he can turn it on the millisecond the play or ball changes direction.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Funny thing is the OP put more effort into this thread than T-Won't put into the game last night.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Let's hope that isn't required. If it is, then Williams needs to be moved. You don't move a future Hall of Fame coach in order to accommodate a player who has, so far, shown himself to be an immature primadonna who's ineffective on the court.

15. zzpot

zzpot Member

Easy, easy.... take it easy on old T-wills. Remember we are all professional posters here with great class and maturity.

Lets not stoop to a lower level. We are CLUTCHFAN posters and the first rule is to do no wrong!

hahahaha... ;)

zzpot puff puff:p

16. anchel

anchel Member

A good Summer League, good preseason, could straighten his career as a Rocket with Adelman as head coach. His chances: to show what the scouts said about him. Defense, rebounding, more defense... and defensive potential. He won't get into the rotation with the 1on1 game. The Summer League could help him a lot to understand our offense, to improve as a player off the ball... Right now he needs a fresh start. He and Rick Adelman.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sounds good to me. I'd hate for that pick to be wasted.

18. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

thanks @ rv6 and others for repz... no prob postin vid

he still has a place in my heart and i like him still...... no homo, lol.

i just thought he'd be busting his azz every chance he gets on the floor.

like others said... he should be striving to prove a point or some sort of effort...

i remember reading the chronicle and he's like..... i just want to play...etc, here in houston or elsewhere... he just wants to play

but i dunno, i'm not a expert at this stuff, but i know he's new to the system, etc....

but uhhh yaaaa

19. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

twill and hasheem = use em for D

20. anchel

anchel Member

I'm sure once the season is gone and done, Adelman will be looking forward to see what he can do with more minutes at the SL. Terrence has lost not just his confidence, but also his natural motor and physicality here. He can regain his game with a fresh start, more minutes, more calm, rythm and confidence... Adelman could start to figure out how he can put all that into the team dynamics. Because, it must be said also, he hasn't done too much to help him so far. Very little, if anything. If this is understandable because we're on a playoff run, also it is Terrence's frustration (not the unprofessionalism).

The kid has talent and qualities, I think this is undeniable, all parts just need to put them on the right track.