1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Picture Slideshow] Terrence Williams - Effort and Heart (or Lack Thereof)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Mar 7, 2011.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah. Well it takes time to crack the forum when you are talking about Rockets players on the roster sometimes. Thats fandom for the Rockets apparently? I just go with what works and lose favorites if they are not performing. Not easily but dont dwell too long on players if they dont pan-out and its clear. Good job seeing it before others. I think Twill has some talents but here with Adelman and this type of team probably wont work out as you have perhaps suggested.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

I noticed something...this is ALL FROM ONE GAME. WHOA!

3. Antec

Antec Member

Does..."all within 5 minutes of that ONE game" make it even worse? :confused:

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ill put the link up on twitter so he can see...others should as well bc he has 30K followers, so he may miss my post.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Can you just post the video....i thought this was kind of annoying. It's easier to see in a video and much more believable, as some of these could be taken out of context. (not saying they were, but technically you could do this for many players in every game).

7. Antec

Antec Member

I really don't think any of these were taken out of context. If you rewatch the game and you pay attention to the timestamps on the images i posted, you will see none of them were taken out of context.

I dont know how to post a video on youtube based off of R2K's torrent site vids. I don't know how to shorten the whole game into the last 5 mins and post it on youtube. So...i am sure others will know.

Or you can go torrent the game and watch it for yourself. It was a 10 min download for me (full game).

Sorry.

8. cuddie

cuddie Member

Well in all fairness, garbage time is garbage time. The whole point is to run out the clock, not to run up the score with all your heart and determination.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't we hide this stuff until Morey has a chance to trade him to an unsuspecting GM?

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Apparently, the unsuspecting GM was Morey.

2 people like this.
  11. Antec

Antec Member

Do you feel players who play with heart and determination in garbage time (and play well) deserve to be rewarded more than players who play with ZERO determination and heart (and turn the ball over) and play zero defense?

Or does that not matter either?

12. FullMetal Sage

So does this mean that all the Hill hate is over? Also you guys are ridiculous and you just have to have a whipping boy don't ya'll?

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Actually, the Pacers game was the 1st time he played as if he didn't care. The other times he was really trying, just making mistakes that a player who doesn't get much playing time would make. This past game it was obvious that he was being childish.

14. Antec

Antec Member

It happened before. I say this because i specifically posted about Twill's lackluster performance during that game.

I cant seem to search my previous posts, keeps telling me i dont have permission or else id find it for you and tell you which game it was. It was before the trade deadline.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Twill was disappointing/Lackluster in the games he played before the Pacer game, but he wasn't loafing. I think Loafing is the universal pet peeve of every Rockets fan. Fail and fail miserably, but don't drag your feet, inexcusable.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I admit his perormances were lackluster before, but this past game he played bad intentionally. Any game before then, he was actually trying to fit into the offense. Although he had played somewhat bad in games before, he had at least done well on the other end of the court when it came down to defending. Even a few good assists here and there. What you have been doing in the past was point out only the bad and none of the good. That is probably why people were bashing you. Tonight and last night we are bashing him because, as i've mentioned earlier, it was obvious that he was purposely jerking around.

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i remember the late 70s early 80s celtics had talented players who weren't motivated to play ball, loafed, only cared about getting paid, and goofed around into a losing season, and what did red aurebach do? he got rid of them bum asses, and drafted bird instead.

18. cuddie

cuddie Member

Yes, but one's play in garbage time should not be the main factor in the allocation of minutes, which I presume to be your definition of reward. Those minutes should be earned on the practice floor. Terrence's apathy in garbage time isn't doing anything to help his case, I'll give you that, but it shouldn't completely damn him either. The game's essentially over at that point, he's just another body on the floor waiting for the time to expire. You could even argue that to go all out would be poor sportsmanship if your team's up big.

19. Gertso

Gertso Member

T-Will is content on loving his life as a d******d.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I couldn't believe the one where Courtney Lee was fighting hard to defend, the ball bounced off the rim or something like that, and Terrence Williams was just standing under the basket, waiting for the opponent to put the ball in the basket. He did not even pretend like he was trying to do anything. I could swear he had a smirk on his face while doing that, too.