1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help dispel the myth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Karlfranklin, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Karlfranklin

Karlfranklin Member

It could not get off my head regarding the following statements from all over the internet recently. I know at least some of them are ridiculous, but I don't know how to refute them:

1. Jews(of course not all of them) controls wall street, mass media, corporate America and thus the the American politics. They're the sources of America disruption and their evil is causing the American declining;

2. Black people, to a certain degree, Hispanics, are dragging America down, because blacks are entitled of social welfare and lazy and less educated. Blacks hold racist attitude toward other races, maybe the most racist. Immigrant Africans have much better working ethics , they're almost a totally different species and despised by "African Americans". Hispanics, at least, are hardworking, but they don't value education much and they'll soon dominate America and Latin Americanize America.

3. Asians, due to their Oriental culture root, which could be the opposite to western values in a lot of aspects, are still being marginalized in the society and not considered as real "Americans".

4. There are still a lot of racists among whites. Whites dominates every aspects in terms of economy, S&T and politics. Because of G&O buddy nature of the social life, it's hard to break into the power circle. Blacks are offered better opportunities in politics because it's just a token to propagandize America as an "equal" nation.

Discuss and no PC crap please. Thanks.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No, black president.
    Maybe, black president?
    Time will tell; Asian president!
    Yes/No, Black President is half white.

1 person likes this.
  3. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

1. There are a lot of individuals nationally involved in the entertainment business and media but the truth is the ones who run everything is the people who volunteers for the Neilson Ratings box. Their demographics percentages bring in sponsors to fill certain timeslots by corporations who want to sell their products. Also results from products being bought after these promotions have these corporations willing to pay networks more to air what ever brings in the ratings. In other words the consumers run everything but we just don't know it.

2. The large gap in pay is what's actually bringing down the country not any racial or immigrant structure. It is a way of manipulating the public into division while at the same time companies move their operations to other countries. The pay difference is a large gap percentage wise than what it use to be in the 80's compared to now at the same time we have been informed that the public needs to take cuts but actually what is happening is wealthy companies are accustomed to a new amount of wealth and wants to continue to received that same amount.

3. That depends on who you're asking. Most people view Asians as a hard working business orientated entrepreneurs who like to keep their businesses within their families.

4. Not true because if that was the case you would see more blacks involved within the business and political structures within societies. We try to express the idea of equality but there is not a case that can accurate claim that it is actually true. The issues within the equality is not a racial issue but an issue of education and how where we decide to spend money on it. The financial gaps between wealthy to poor schools is a direct effect on the spirits of its students. It is harder to understand the value of education when the same times because on property values in the areas are so low that it brings limited funding towards the schools. While at the same time you go to a wealthier school district and notice how new equipment, new books, better teachers, and better atmosphere are taken for granted and those who attend doesn’t know how much they are ahead of the curve.

4. amaru

amaru Member

"Blacks" make up less than 13% of this nations population. Most are well adjusted hard working citizens. A small percentage of an already small population (comparatively speaking) cannot drag a country down unless they hold a sizable proportion of the wealth. ( "Blacks" hold approximately 1% of this nations wealth.....i.e. Nothing)

As for blacks being the most racist......such things are hard to quantify unless you have some way of accurately measuring how racist somebody is and can accurately measure every "black"/ African american in the nation then you can't make such a statement.

"Immigrant Africans are of a different species". False. There is only one human species currently inhabiting the planet (to the best of anyone's knowledge) and we are all a part of it. Also "black american"/ African american are social constructs with little biological basis. There is no such thing as "African-American DNA" or a genetic "African American group". "Black" Americans are African. This is where the majority of their ancestors hail from and this is still reflected in their genome. We are a part of the AFRICAN gene pool, just like anybody else of African descent regardless of where we were born. Our Diaspora simply removed us from the continent and removed or severly damaged our cultural connection to the continent, however it did not change what is is our cells.

"Immigrant Africans have more work ethic." This is true of most immigrants across the board. This is do to what they are generally leaving and the hard path to citizenship most have to take. My mother, who is not African according to U.S. government, immigrated from the West Indies and busted her hump getting her schooling done. She completed her bachelors in 3 years and her Master's degree in 18 months! I mean done....everything, thesis and all that.

My father who is African-American now owns a small contracting business and is in the top 1% of earners in this nation. This does not get done if one is "lazy"

Anything else you need?

5. Karlfranklin

Karlfranklin Member

George w. Bush does not care about black paople. Only we care about ourselves, haha.

6. Karlfranklin

Karlfranklin Member

No question? Can I take them as truth, or mere stereotypes?

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Jewish people do rule the world. I mean the head of facebook, google, microsoft, oracle are all jewish. They make up a small portion of the us, but make up like 50% of the billionaires.

I don't know why people hate on them. They work hard and succeed.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

The jewish culture has a lot of adrmirable traits. They value hard work and education. Because of the large jewish population near where I live, we have a lot of Yeshi'vas nearby. Their schools are a year or two ahead of ours and they go to school from 7:30 to 5 and their summer break is shorter. That's probably why many of them go on to become so successful.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I think this is sort of old school. The corporate elite is more and more willing to incorporate blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Women who have proved their allegiance to the corporate elite.

Also the white corporate elite love them some Chinese/ Egyptian/Haitian, whatever bureaucrats and billionaires who can get them goods made by voicless workers making $.25 per hr.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Also interesting is the Black President does not descend from American white-owned slaves. It's like a conspiracy.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The people willing to speak on this will be more those on the receiving end AFFECTED by the judgments on them, wanting to defend themselves. Not the ones who cast the judgments and have the beliefs.

Though they should, no one's gonna come in and admit they think "Yeah them Jews, Blacks 'n Asians er draggin us DOWN!"

My following response doesnt answer the question. Just in my 30+ years in life, I know absolutely NOTHING about Jewish culture. ZIP. And I prefer it that way. Because I dont know and don't care, I've never known what the big threat was or seen the big "Jew deal". "Jew" to me is like saying "freckled", Jew means absolutely nothing to me. Its a case where ignorance is bliss.

Blacks most racist and least accepting? Perhaps. Other races not accepting of Blacks? Perhaps. Seems a mutual understanding there. Whites and other races see themselves as "exemplary" and wonder why can't blacks be accepting and follow along? No one wants to admit that IDENTITY is key to any culture. In academia thats scoffed at as divisive nationalism and we are all one people. But its easy for the dominant culture with 5 times the population to want acceptance cuz they can easily absorb the other culture until it dissolves. But the other culture doesnt want to dissolve itself no matter the benefits "handed" to them..

White's getting slighted = Everyone else is taking away. The old "anti-meritocracy" cry of I've worked hard and not getting ahead, I see minorities getting handouts, and thats not fair. Why arent those minorities working hard as ME? When times are tough, the "Free Lunch" people will get slammed.

It seems Europe and part of America are having problems with multiculturalism now. The next part while be in #4.

Asians are 4% of the US population. They still don't have the visibility. They're different but they're self supporting and thus dont "get in the way". Neutrality. Thats explaining an assumption with more possible assumptions.

Bigger separation between the haves and have-nots. "Acceptance" and "tolerance" really means "I wish you were more like me, but I won't complain about it out loud". "Diversity" has long been accepted as a nice trait to have in the social profile, but not really practiced by its definition. And why should it? Most communities are NOT multicultural or mixed ethnicities. The US population might be mixed, but most cities are NOT. Some whites will simply never be around non-whites to form understandings of them. And non-whites clump together and some will not be exposed to whites.

Instead of breaking into an existing power structure, its maybe best to create your own self supporting power structure instead of assimilating into another one. That goes against bridging the racial divides, but it seems one race "subsidizing" another one over time leads to ill-will.

12. Karlfranklin

Karlfranklin Member

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Maybe has something to do, at least somewhat recently, with the imposition of an entire country?

meh

though, you could work yourself silly and never figure out why people hate.

ex: homophobia

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Muslim President?

You need to chill with the Stormfront/Klan garbage. Do a little more research on whether it's true or not.

15. rtsy

rtsy Member

Nenah Cherry isn't controlled by the white corporate elite.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JWsRz3TJDEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Here's one myth I can help you dispel:
    http://www.jewishpost.com/archives/...mitic-hoax-gets-new-life-on-the-internet.html

And Washington? He has a strong record for having a good rapport with Jewish communities, and they in turn were very supportive of him.
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/bigotry.html

I agree with posters above...race is not the issue as much as economic inequality, and America is certainly better than most countries in regards to race, but it's hardly color-blind.

Frankly, most of these myths sound like white supremacist propaganda.

18. Major

Major Member

From the rest of your posts, it's quite clear you're more interested in propogating myths than you are in dispelling them. Either that, or you just believe anything you read on the internet.

19. Karlfranklin

Karlfranklin Member

Just because I posted that forged notes from GW and BF?

20. dback816

dback816 Member

What will happen first:

Asian president?

or

Non-Christian president?