1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon to play tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koby1868, Mar 2, 2011.

1. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Think it makes any difference for them since it's his first game back and mo hasn't even had a practice with them? For some reason this game has me a little worried.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Here's the tweet:

2. koby1868

koby1868 Member

3. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

The Clippers have a bad record, but they can beat just about anyone. They have beaten a few title contenders this year, and Gordon def helps them.

Hopefully we can keep playing with the energy and effort of the last few games. You should never overlook any team, especially a young team like the Clippers that can explode on any given night, but we have got to win against sub .500 teams. When we are this close to the playoffs, we have to take advantage of the "easier games" on our schedule.

My biggest concern is how hard the starters last night. Almost everyone bordered on, and some even exceeded 40 mins. Gonna need a lot of effort tonight, especially from the bench. Patterson has been playing great and didn't play much last night so hopefully he can step up. With fatigued starters it would also be a great time for T Will to finally show us what he's got.

4. JVL713

EDIT: How hard the starters *played* last night.

5. jocar

jocar Member

That kid can score. But I think C Lee or TWill can hold him under 15 tonight

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

TWill ain't got nothing. He is a highlight reel but he's always looking for the spectacular and he doesn't consistently deliver. I don't trust him and I understand why Adelman limits his minutes. Spectacular plays don't win ball games. If they did the Clippers would have the best record in the league.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Coming back from almost 2 months of not playing will be tough for the kid, he might have a decent game because he is just that good but I don't expect a dominating performance.

8. Prince

Prince Member

It's OK, we also have GORAN Dragic.

9. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

My fantasy team rejoices.

10. BigBull17

BigBull17 Member

I think TWill played very well last night. He didn't go out of his way to force his offense and played as a team mate.

11. JVL713

Very good point about the Clippers, and I can agree with you on Terrence based on what he has shown us as a Rocket. I think his inconsistency is a result of very little game time experience with this team. He's no Stromile Swift, look at his stats at the end of his time with the Nets, very solid, especially for a rookie

12. ILoveTheRockets

I'm not worried about Gordon, he's going to get his points regardless.

I'm worried about 6'9 Aminu at SF beasting chase all over the court.

Aminu can destroy players at times, and I think tonight he is licking his chops.

Hold off Aminu and I feel that gives us the best chance to win.

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Weve been playing great help defense.

If chase can keep Aminu outside, that will really neutralize him.

I'm most worried about being outrebounded by Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin. I think Patterson should be given 30 minutes tonight...

14. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

No worries, Lee will lock him up.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This is odd. Chase is a crafty second year player going against a rookie. Aminu may push Chase around a little bit here and there, but expect Chase to shake Aminu with off the ball cuts and use of screens. Expect Chase to go off for at least 25 points if Aminu plays him a lot.

16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

uhh.. scared of aminu? Have you look up this scrawny rookie's #'s? Dont think he's even a starter for the clips.

17. ILoveTheRockets

crafty? lol ok

I mean if you call running off screens crafty, then what ever floats your boat lol

I love me some chase, but I feel like Aminu is the better physical player. And he has been a tremendous assest to the the wins LAC has gotten this year.

And to the guy that said hold Aminu outside... Aminu can shoot the 3.

18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah, we can put Lee on Gordon and Chuck on Griffin. But both those guys will get theirs.

I just don't want guys like Foye or Kaman to have strong nights against us.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Are you sure you aren't referring to the New Orleans game. Last night in Portland he didnt look good at all. There was a reason he didn't play at all in the second half and had his head in his hands when he was pulled out of the game in the 2nd quarter.

Hopefully He has a bounceback game tonight cause they are going to need some boost off the bench. The most important thing TWill can do is play good defense, and rebound. If he is left wide open then of course he needs to shoot, but learn from what Chase has been doing and move around more and get easy buckets going to the rim. No more crazy passes.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The Clippers suck. Being the best player on the Clippers is like being the sexiest slut. You're still a slut!