1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Is JVG the right coach for Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by canoner2002, Nov 18, 2006.

1. OLDNEWS

OLDNEWS Member

it's not about this game.it's about us.
    You have to change if you collapse in the 4th quarter 4 times in 6 matches.
    God know what will happen but it won't be worse then now.

2. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

The question is HOW? If Rox were in NYC, it won't be a problem at all. All the local media would be calling JVG's head already and fans would be chanting "Fire JVG" during games.

But it seems down there in Houston, things just don't move as fast as you want.

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

definitely not the big red font.

4. rocketsmetalspd

Is there an e-mail for Les or Dawson that the fans can have. I don't know why Les just cut his losses and fire JVG. The doom and gloom gets very boring coming from JVG. We need a coach that get the best out of our Roster both veterans and rookies. I don't what coach can help the Rockets.

5. pluto

pluto Member

JVG got the talent of finding the worst players in the team and rotate them .
    He is f***ing stubborn idiot.

He is killing us,

we can't get champion with his coaching,another year is gonna be wasted .
    :mad:

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I hope Adelman has NBA league pass.

If he keeps watching this crap out of Rockets, he might just feel sorry for us and give Le$ a call.

7. rocketsmetalspd

Sad but very true pluto. I wish our owner would show some brass and talk to JVG to change his rotation patterns.

8. redao

redao Member

I have the feeling that JVG will quit. what a mess.

9. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

I thought VG said it would take him a while and running some different lineups to figure out the best rotations. he has been in a rut since game 1 - no trying new lineups.

Guess who is going to play next game. Guess when VG will substitute certain players. No need to guess. :D

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

A 6-4 record is really good considering the level of competition in the first ten games, but, I have a feeling that JVG will not survive the season. Just a feeling.

11. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I am with you man. I am just hoping the next rockets coach is offensive minded. We have watched the ugly JVG ball for too long. It is not like JVG's defense will win us a championship.

12. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Are u sure? I knew he is so stubborn to try to change until no time is allowed. I hope he would still have time to do something new to figure out what rotation is the best for the team. If he even will not have a try I will have to quit this idea on him, instead, will join the crowd claiming him to quit/be fired :D :D

13. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

This season is do or die for JVG. Either he wins a championship or he is fired. I'm tired of JVG.

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

The only good win after a tight first half or first 3 quarters is the Miami game. The only loss where we had no chance is the Utah game. Basically all the other 3 losses were winnable, and all our wins could be blown out win. The inability to win close games and/or put away opponents when having big lead in 2nd half is a sign of mentally weak team. The sad thing is it's becoming the staple of this team. Players undoubtedly have their fault, but head coach should be the first and foremost to blame.

15. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Man, I just hope JVGoofy will be gone sooner than later! This guy will most likely NEVER coach a championship team here! The guy is just ridged. He won't play the rookies even when his dumbass vets are self imploding before his eyes! JVGoofy should join his brother Stan during Thanksgiving eating turkey unemployed!! I think Tmac & Yao's supporting cast are a bunch of turkeys! :rolleyes: :eek: Oh well, another heartless & gutless performance by this team! Sorry guys, I just had to rant, so I can feel much better in the morning! ;)

16. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

The last time a Van Gundy retired...ie replaced by a new coach, his former team won an NBA championship. Who will be our "Pat Riley" :confused:

There may be something here:

Riley resumed coaching the Heat on December 12, 2005, replacing Stan Van Gundy after the Heat. The Miami Heat's 2006 championship is the defining moment of Pat Riley's career so far, after promising Miami a championship over a decade ago when he became the general manager of the Miami Heat

17. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Maybe you should coach...

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Seriously I think he should....

...cant get any worse.

19. NewYorker

why do all the Chinese posters hate JVG?

20. NewYorker

Yeah, 6-4 is really stinking it up....