1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Is JVG the right coach for Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by canoner2002, Nov 18, 2006.

1. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

This is the 3rd game in a row Rox collapsed in the 2nd half. JVG has NO clue what to do. Even my left toe knows what has to be done, but he doesn't.

PLAY ALL THE TALENTS YOU HAVE :mad:

I don't know WHAT HOWARD AND PAGHETT CAN DO THAT NOVAK CANNOT :mad:

I don't know WHY IN HELL CANNOT BONZI GETS 10-15 MINUTES TO LIFT THE OFFENSE WHEN WE GO INTO OFFENSIVE SLUMP :mad:

I don't know why CANNOT VSPAN GET 5-10 OF HEAD'S MINUTES :mad: :mad: :mad:

ENOUGH OF EXCUSES! JVG SUCKS :mad:

2. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Even have late game melt down for several consecutive times, why does not JVG even try new role players? :mad: :mad:

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

4. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

NOOOOO! and i dont give a **** right now if we flood the board with this post till someone sees it and does something. Im ****ing pissed

5. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

6. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

Lets start a JVG thread after every loss...

BUT I DO BELIEVE novak and vspan can't be doing worse than
    howard/pet ghet?

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"Wins are good. Losses are bad. Fire is bad, too."

8. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

The only thing I'm critical of is his time management. He subs the exact same way every game, no matter who we're playing, who's hot, or cold, he seems to go with the same game plan, regardless

9. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Yeah, Head sucks as distributing the ball.

Scott, no defense, when he can't hit open 3s, he is useless.

10. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

in terms of flexibility, shaq's 6lb shoe is more flexible than jvg's brain... his freakin system of offensive is the most predictable system of all teams and the rockets are probably playing the worst 4th quarter of all nba teams too and it all comes down to JVG can't run the team....
    where is bonzi well??? why can't he try rookies even in earlier quarters and see where they stands...
    all he does is run through yao ming even when yao is so cold in the forth and he will still run him after a time out how unpredictable is that to other teams?? :mad:
    he needs to be replaced simple as that

11. batizy

batizy Member

have always supported JVG, but it is time to quit.
    This guy does not have any idea to resolve the problem.
    It is 6 or 7 times that Rockets sucks in the 4th quarter, but he just looked Rockets dropping , turnover, 0 offense.

12. choujie

choujie Member

Five 4th quarter collapses in 6 games. There is no reason not to give Novak and Vspan a try.

13. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Yao looked so tired during 4th Q, he should be got less playing time in terms of the effectiveness, or running the ball through him, not by him especially when being doubled/tripled-team

14. bob718

Me too.

Though he said that it si up to him to "build a smarter team", it does sound like he is blaming the player stupid. :mad:

15. bob718

It is not the players' fault when the whole team collapse!

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The Answer is NO!!!

17. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

How to send a petition to Rockets club to either play Novak and Bonzi or fire JVG?

This year is the year we make a run. We have maybe a 2-year window or a 3-year window to do something great. We cannot waste one on JVG's stupidity. If it aint working, break it. :mad: :mad:

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Any thread that starts out speaking the truth and nothing but the truth gets a 5 star from me.

19. edc

edc Contributing Member

"Fire warms my hands. Maybe it will warm them more if I move my fingers closer. OW! Must've just been the fault of my fingers. Maybe if I move my fingers closer from the right side. OW! Must've just been a coincidence. OW! Maybe if I move my fingers closer from the left side. OW! Maybe I'll try from the right side again. OW! Maybe I'll try from the left side again..."

Fire is best when it is contained. Better when it is kept far enough away (like New York City) where it cannot cause any damage.

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I'm afraid that JVG will shorten Yao's career. I really hope Yao and T-mac can win a championship..and they'll have to win one soon, because T-mac's window is almost gone..but they can't win one with JVG, that's for sure. Sigh..my only wish right now is that the Rockets organization will replace the coach.