1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire JVG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bplld, Nov 23, 2005.

1. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

**** it. Stop lying to yourselves that this team has hope and JVG will turn the team around. With last year's comeback and maybe even the astros, everyone has the idea that we can turn it around. We are 3-9, teh talent is there, this guy doesnt know what to do with talent. HE needs to be fired. Chemistry is not the problem, JVG is.

1 person likes this.
  2. clove

clove Contributing Member

I just wanted to be first in this potentially very long thread.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

I guess we lied to ourselves last year when we were 6-11 and thought we still had hope. :p

Im not going to judge this team and their W/Ls until we get a healthy T-Mac back. The team is built around him.

4. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Amen, but who would we get to replace him?

1 person likes this.
  5. edc

edc Contributing Member

It isn't going to happen. The Rockets could fail to make the playoffs with 40-45 victories, and Mr. Van Gundy will stay through this season and next.

Worst case scenario, a monumental collapse (playing this poorly all season long), Le$ still keeps him all season long, reducing the eventual buyout.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Yao is the person we should fire.

He is about the most useless player on our team.

I am almost done with that stiff.

Yao was supposed to be our other star but now he is just a mediocre role player. I am willing to let him go to the Warriors or Laker for fillers and draft picks. This experiment with Yao is about over. He is useless to our cause and I am ready for divorce.

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Last year I said some BAD things about Gumby, so this year I will wait awhile before I eat a load of crow.

But believe me, if things dont improve, I expect some heads to role.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

How can you say talent in not a problem? We are missing our best player who just happens to be one of the 5 best players in the NBA.

9. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Without Yao we would barely be in any of these games. If doesnt score in the first 2 periods we get blown out with NO change to win.

And after the half the teams adjust for his new strength and speed and with NO other scoring option they double and triple him.

I say we fire you! :)

10. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Classic moment, here we come. :D

Just teasing. I'm frustrated as well, but come on. Draft picks and fillers? We should at least get back someone like Elton Brand & Magette or Jamison & Arenas.

11. clove

It's hard to win with [anybody]+bowen+DA+DW+swift, especially given our schedual up to now. Like last year, it's frustrating when you are losing, but i'm not sure if FireGundy/YaoSucks are the right conclusions.

Seriously, put shaq or duncan or KG or Tmac in the [] above, we would have a similar record.

Give this team some time.

Dear God, please make tmac come back soon.

1 person likes this.
  12. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

Amen. Another thing you all need to keep in mind is that when TMAC is healthy and in the game, he draws 2 defenders at all times which really opens up our offense.

13. lalala902102001

Baldie's here to stay, and he'll be able to make this team mediocre by the end of the season, which will cost us a high lottery pick.

Now Houston has two awful sports teams. Ughhhh.

14. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Let's put aside all the "potential" talks for a second and take Yao for face value.

He's an 19/9 center who draws double teams and has a decent defensive presence due to his sheer size. I think you might be overreacting a tad here. He may never be worth that max contract, but a stiff? Come on.

15. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

This team has no wins without tmac. They have more than enough talent to win atleast one game. When tmac does play, we depend souly on him. We have more talent than that, we shouldnt have to get 20 points in one quarter from him to have a chance at a win.

Yao, swift, anderson, alston, howard, mutombo, Head, barry, wesley, that is a decent, if not good rotation. They are capable of not being the worst team in the nba. Ever think there are more than just two people in the world who struggle with JVG.

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

You are out of you mind (no hard feelings) if you think we could get those players for Yao then I have nothing else to tell you.

Yao Ming or Ming Yao or whatever his name is is useless enough and exposed that only a stupid GM will give up jack squat for him now.

17. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

You don't have to judge the team. Just judge the players you see now, the way they play, and the decisions they're making on the court. Only Head is showing mental toughness and is being useful. It's really disgusting to see them play like r****ds and idiots. I don't question much about their offense, so far Head is showing some firepower, but defesively, they're a mess.

18. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

There's just so much blame to go around-
    Yao is getting 90 % of the blame for every loss and although some of it is justified--its not fair that Derek Anderson, Stromile Swift and Rafer Alston who have been mediocre at best has escaped a lot of the blame.

As far as JVG -I was one of the people that really wanted him to be the ROX coach after
    Rudy T. stepped down--but now I don't know about him either. He's way too stubborn-he refuses to adjust even when its painfully obvious that his game plan is not working. Why does he still have Yao chasing after these small guards ??
    This team is way worse than last year's --they are so painful to watch.

1 person likes this.
  19. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I think Phil Jackson is a better coach than JVG, but come on, even Phil Jackson couldn't work miracles with his Laker team (4-6). And he has TWO healthy stars in LA.

20. clove

I remember you...

Last year we had some fun in the fire gundy threads, where I predicted 50 wins when we were 6-11.

This year, i'm predicting 54 wins(if tmac comes back within 2 weeks).